Boxing and football injuries vs riversports - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 12-16-2018   #11

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Pretty much every serious injury I have had happened around the house.

Unfortunately that always tainted me risk off.

ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018   #12

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
Why is this crap being posted in the main forum?

I'm putting it in the Eddy.....
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018   #13

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
I was quite drunk at my brother's bachelor party 12 or 13 years ago and decided to jump through the fire and got Chaco-silhouetted 2nd degree burns on the tops of my feet where I kicked the coals. Does that count?

I never played HS football nor boxed, so my boating injuries are infinitely more prevalent than varsity sports.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018   #14

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I have been wheel chair bound for 5 years now ,from a nasty cooler accident on State Bridge.I was eddied out behind the only rock on the run when a wayward Yeti from a yard sale upstream auto boofed the rock and into my spine .

seriously though being knocked out boxing was much more unpleasant than nearly dying in an undercut....never got hurt playing football,but have broken two guys collar bones,not deliberately,and seen many injuries just in pick up tackle football games at the park..one dude had a football scholarship to CSU and trashed his knee and lost it playing in the park across the street from his house...once saw a guy split his head open flipping in the A-Hole at Lyons

I' d say you are more likely to die in adventure sports and more likely to experience injuries in contact sports...but what do I know?..aren't there stats on this stuff?
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018   #15

Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
The Buzz has gotten seriously boring... I mean it's still useful for what I originally started using it for (information sharing) but I kinda fell for the drama... I miss caspermike, all the variants of James, orto, even Gary!...though he'll surely be back... They kept this place lively... I give kudo's to this kid for asking incredibly poorly worded and bizarre questions....it's a step in the right direction.
Old 12-19-2018   #16

Seattle, Washington
I can personally list at least a half dozen dead boating friends/acquaintances. Add in backcountry skiing the number doubles. Counting trips ending in the ICU would add to the total.

Everyone I played high school sports with survived. But is HS team sport equivalent to flood stage class V? I don't think so...

Must not be enough Schlitz and turkey legs.
slickhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018   #17
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
I miss caspermike, all the variants of James, orto, even Gary!...though he'll surely be back...
Im with ya
WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE BULLSHIT
Old 12-26-2018   #18

Denver, Colorado
Yeah,where's the snark?Especially with the buffoon with a squirrel on his head in the Whitehouse,you would think jokes and outrage would be spilling over the snark tank.How can this not be an "Emporer wears no clothes" moment for the precepts of superiority of the sacred jobs creating business man?

LSB,weren't you the one who had an avatar of a guy throwing a shoe at W? ..sweet...

so here is a conspiracy theory i am working on:
Trump,Putin,the Kushners,and the king of Saudi Arabia ,are colluding to build a luxury golf resort on Mars-Mars a Lago-it will be staffed by buxom Slavic women and have racist bylaws for membership.First they will need to build a massive wall(possibly a space shield of U.S. Steel slats) that Mexico will pay for,to protect it from a caravan of Plutonians fleeing from the demotion of their planetary status and MS-13.
Money saved by throwing our Kurd allies under the bus in Syria and collected by Trump' charities' will be used to adorn the place with numerous giant Soviet style portraits of the three strong man patrons...this theory ties together explanations for Trump's ass kissing of Putin and the Sultan,tarriffs,precipitous withdrawal from Syria,and the need for a Space Force,among others....that's all I've got so far....
Old 12-27-2018   #19
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
I figure that everybody that is not a billionaire is in agreement by now and there is noone left to argue with that still supports Trump. Even the most mindless of the sheep have been disillusioned by the glaring idiocy. I have held on to my one ray of hope from the beginning of this administration and that is that Trump would indeed be the straw that finally forces the wingnuts to think for themselves rather than voting against their best interest.

BTW Thanks for reminding me of that shoe throw Gif. That was a sweet avatar
Old 12-28-2018   #20

Denver, Colorado
l dunno'..I get what you are saying and sort of agree,but there is still apx. 1/3 of the country (say 3/5's of repubs ) that are doubling down on all their nonsense...it has been a positive that some decent -honest-intelligent republicans (McCain,Flake,Corker,etc.) have stood on principle ,but the wackadoos are as defiant and ridiculous as ever.....Trump keeps replacing anyone who is reasonable with psychotic butt kissers and retains the worst of the worst (like Betsy'heavens to betsy' DeVoss and Wilbur"the crypt keeper" steal their pensions Ross)..now McCain has been replaced as head of The Armed Services Committee by climate change denier in chief James Inhofe who wants to spend absurd amounts of money on increased defense spending...mostly graft not things that are actually needed..Trump bullied our allies into speeding up their meeting the 2% level of GDP military spending ,winds down two wars,yet wants to up our spending from what is already double what most other advanced nations spend..The repubs ignored the fact that Obama already had a deal that they would meet the 2% standard but gave them some time to adjust their budgets.The purpose was to get them to pay their fair share,so we could pay less.