benghazi scandal

The real Benghazi scandal - Opinion - The Boston Globe

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2014   #2
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
Political gamesmanship;
This offends you because of the monumental waste, or because those damn Republicans been pulling it on the Democrats?

Would you honestly be so outraged if it was Democrats pulling it on Republicans?
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
I knew it was a lie from day one so no outrage. Just a general head shaking at the political games.
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2014   #4

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schutzie View Post
Would you honestly be so outraged if it was Democrats pulling it on Republicans?
Just when exactly did a Democrat do this to a Republican?
benpetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014   #5
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schutzie View Post
Political gamesmanship;
This offends you because of the monumental waste, or because those damn Republicans been pulling it on the Democrats?

I think the republicans and moreover FOX news do an excellent job of framing a massive amount of the discussions and controversies. Liberals seem wholly ineffective at winning the publicity battles they truly win or showing the right as losing when they lose. On the flip side the right seems wholly unable to produce leaders of substance rather than figureheads good at playing the political games. They just keep pumping out crazy assholes who are good salesman. I think the gamesmanship is gross but the fact that it is so lopsided is bad for the country. I want a republican party of more substance far more than I want a democratic party that is more effective at fleecing the public, but either solution seems like it would be an improvement.
Old 12-02-2014   #6
Old Guy in a PFD

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1967
It seems to me that the real issue is that we're all tired of the political BS;

We can hope, and encourage, Congress to get their poop inna group and actually do the job for once. I'm cautiously optimistic this congress and this president will finally get down to business. If not, we've got 2016 to look forward to.

But we have to be aware that politicians, and their supporters, are not above creating "shadow groups", groups that seem to be "unpolitical" but in fact are mouthpieces for some political agenda.

The Koch brothers, unions, those greedy 1%ers are all guilty. Us little people are a voice in the wilderness it seems.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014   #7
gh

pnw, Colorado
I dont think Fox framed this one although they do create a huge amount of angst. I think the Republicans jumped on this with both feet cause they wanted to hang something around Hillarys neck for 2016 at any cost.