Before/After pic's - rainbow gathering - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 08-03-2006   #1

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Before/After pic's - rainbow gathering

Check this out.

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf

I see no damage, none..... (that's an attempt at sarcasm over the intenet)

andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2006   #2
JBL

Gnarnia, Colorado
that blows. 50 miles of new "trails" that will no dout take years to recover. thought the rainbow's were supposed to be kind to the earth. their website says "Live Lightly with the Land and People!" what a bunch of bs.
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #3
I kayak DH.

Greater tri cities metro area, Colorado
I picked a rainbow guy up yesterday in fraser, then again later in tabernash, & he started spouting about how they were the 13th tribe & how they were prophesized (sp?) by the hopi nation to save the earth.

He then started talking about how they built this huge pirate ship in the woods & some of the other stupid things they did.

In trying to save the earth, my first thing I'd do would be, of course, to build a pirate ship!!

they're real winners.
Waterwindpowderrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2006   #4

Chaffee
Does it seem like the pictures are at different scales and at different angles? I can't quite make out the exact areas that are supposed to be the same. I wonder if they chopped all those trees down and tried to smoke them.
watahwatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #5

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I'm not convinced its the same place. I hate to say it but maybe the USFS is out to create some bad press.

Matt
TennesseeMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #6

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Hang on...the straight edge of trees in the top-middle of the bottom pic corresponds with the straight edge of trees in the top center portion of the upper photo. The bottom image is also magnified a great deal to show the impact that these people to have on the land.

Matt
TennesseeMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #7

Vail, Colorado
No doubt they had a significant negative effect on the vegitation. But, with all medias you can obscure the evidence in your way. The bottom picture is a close up as the top seems to be from mars. Depending on what media outlet and party affiliation they have will tell the stroy they want everyone to hear ie. Bush's Fox news. PEACE!

" If you're not against me, don't cross this line! If yes, do."-Steve Zissou
Steve Zizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006   #8

Denver, Colorado
Let's just step back for a minute before the hippy hating gets started and remind ourselves about all the great things the Rainbow gathering does for local communities each and every summer.

-They drive their poorly maintained smog puking vehicles by the thousands polluting otherwise clear mountain air.

-They fertilize the soil with thousands of pounds of human waste so that trees can grow brown and die from the toxic waste.

-They support the local drug dealers who follow the crowd with sheets of bad acid, laced with bathtub speed.

-Their shear numbers drive wildlife from their native terrain making it safe to walk in the woods.

-They trample virgin land and create miles of social trails that will forever make it easier to travel in the woods we all frequent.

-They sing Coom By Ya (however it's spelled) incessantly as a mantra to the pagan gods of Hippies

-They support the Pachouli growers all over the world

-And they stand firm with PETA by boycotting all soap products tested on animals...scratch that they boycott ALL soap products.

So let us be reminded of these positive aspects of the Rainbow Family before we go out and make blanket statements about how these wonderful dirt farting freaks are a blight on American society.
Old 08-03-2006   #9

Denver, Colorado
Oh and one more thing...

Happy Hunting
Old 08-03-2006   #10
sj

2 thoughts on this issue. 15 to 20 thousand people in one place in the woods is bad for the enviornment. Kinda like driving a Range Rover to a Stop global Warming Rally. And personaly attacking these people for there life style and politics there by taking the spot life off the environmental destruction. Is kinda like driving a Range Rover to a stop Global warming rally. So if all you haters would zip it and concentrate on the issue at hand. Maybe this will be the last rally in the CO. back country. But not the last rally in CO. sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote