Beef jerky recipes. - Page 5 - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-19-2019   #41

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
GeoRon, we use to use that same process, with the brown sugar and salt on Kokanee Samon, we snagged here in Colorado, only we would add ground black pepper. My friend had a big coal cart that we used as a smoker or a whole hog roaster. Never smoked meat though, it does sound like a unique and tasty way of preparing meat for jerky. The whole roasted hog's did turn out great in that coal cart too. I have look at the smaller smokers at the sporting goods store's or I could just pull the plug on my refrigerator and do the smoker conversion you explained, I think that's great, I have not hear of that before.

raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2019   #42
Hello

LA, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubie Jon View Post
Winter has come suddenly
Old 10-29-2019   #43

thornton, Colorado
Nubie Jon.....My daughter is going second season also, I was just informed on Saturday, she and hubby some how, finely managed to get the time off, they were happy. Their going some where near the Granby area. Hope all of you the best of luck, have fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2019   #44

Eagle, Colorado
Snow is flying! Animals are coming down..... Jerky in the fridge ready to go.... My daughter and I took the traditional last roast and made jerky out of it for camp. Used three of the recipes on page 267 very happy with them! Only thing I would change is a little less lime in the Sriracha. Over all great yield!

PS: We will be in the Flat Tops!
Nubie Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019   #45
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
Freezer full?

Enquiring minds want to know! Either way I hope you had a wonderful time in the woods and that it was everything a good hunt should be, animal down or not.
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019   #46

thornton, Colorado
No joy, for my daughter and her hubby, third season. They did spot a few lucky hunters that did scored though, on the way out. Next year.
Old 11-11-2019   #47
Sponsoring Vendors

Paddling Since: 1994
Well, shit. Sorry to hear. Hopefully they had a nice week in the woods at least.
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019   #48

thornton, Colorado
Yes they had a great time. The elk definitely had the third season jitters. They got into the elk a couple of times, they could hear, smell and catch a fleeting glimpse of them, but than they were out of Dodge in a hurry, the elk spooked very quickly. Third season tends to go that way in the heavily hunted area they were in. This is the second year in a roll with no luck.
Old 11-13-2019   #49

Eagle, Colorado
No cow for me either this year...... just the doe..... she was 95lbs deboned. good to fill a couple of shelves in the freezer.... working to process this week!
Nubie Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019   #50

thornton, Colorado
Nubie Jon....nice, I'm thinking roasts, steaks, breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, stew meat, chili- con carne, grilled heart, jerky,
liver and onions . Time to break out the meat grinder and slicer. I'm still a little old style type cooking.