Babies die from the lies of Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > The Eddy

Old 04-26-2009   #1
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Babies die from the lies of Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey

Jim Carrey loves the pro-disease movement | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

The Australian antivax movement takes its toll | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

If you know of any nutcases that aren't vaccinating (and I do), please send them these links (especially the second one). Deeply disturbing what ignorance can do.

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009   #2

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mania View Post
Deeply disturbing what ignorance can do.
I agree. Ignorance fuelled by pseudoscientific anecdotes. For a lot of parents who don't vaccinate it's really just a cost/benefit analysis. You grow up knowing people paralyzed by polio and you make sure your kids get their shot. You grow up never having seen a bad measles or mumps outbreak, and suddenly there's no motivation to risk your kid having an allergic reaction to a vaccination. You throw some high-profile anti-vaxx sentiment onto the pile and lots of people stop getting shots. Eventually one of these diseases rears its head, kids or adults die, and people start getting their immunizations again.

I have to say, I'd be pretty peeved if my kid (one day, one day) got sick and possibly hurt/killed because her classmates' parents didn't want their precious Jimmy jabbed with a needle. The only reason this is even a debate is that everyone up until now has gotten their vaccinations.
Old 04-26-2009   #3
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
I respectfuly open the can of worms here.
It's not that my wife and I are against vaccinations. It's more about the ingredients included in those vaccinations. Ie. Mercury. Make vaccinations safer than they are, and more people will comply. Some vaccinations have been mad mercury free, but most doctors do not stock these vacinations, as they are abou 2 to 3 times the "regular" priced ones.
Dangers of Mercury in Vaccines

It's also about the advanced schedule that doctors try to push on new parents and the superior attitude of the Western Medical philosophy. Many deaths possibly contributed to by vaccinations are labeled as SIDS. You will never hear the medical community say "vaccinations CAN be dangerous". You will hear them say that the world will end if children are not vaccinated.

Flame on, but do not tell me how to raise my child, or what to put in his body or mind.

Also, calling others nut job, wacko's, etc. Makes it seem as though it were a political topic rather than a personal medical preference or belief.

Dana, I wouldn't call Jenny or Jim a liar. They to are having to deal with harsh reality. They have a sick child. They are telling people their personal beliefs , while trying to back it up through science, and trying to create a better world. I don't think of that as lying, maybe misdirected, but that for everybody to decide for themselves. I would not say that I/we are ignorant, I have looked at the FACTS (from my perspective) and have decided what I think is best for my child.
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009   #4

timbuktu, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I agree with Brendo. Being a parent of two children one 14 and one 2 year old, I have seen several children from families representing both line of thought. My daughter (now 14) was never vaccinated for virtually anything (I'm pretty sure rabies & measels). She's attended public schools her entire life and has never had a problem. She's never had a flu vaccination and oddly enough never gets the flu even when the rest of the school is out sick. She occasionally gets a common cold but rarely. Her immune system is strong as a horse.

My 2 1/2 year old is healthy as a horse also. He was given the initial round of vaccinations at the hospital when he was born. Other than that... nothing else. The vaccination routine given to kids nowadays is ridiculous. Brendo is also correct about the contaminates in vaccines. I'm just looking at the evidence, my boy did not even run a fever or have a runny noses this winter. Our neighbors kids have all had all the shots and they are sick 80 to 90% of the time. He does eat healthier than most, we juice vegie's regularly, he takes zinc & other supplements. He also eats fresh fish at least twice a week. He breast fed until he was 1 1/2. I think if raise your kids out of a box and feed them water mixed with powder, you are asking for trouble.
yarmonymatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #5

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
I hate to say it but you two are the problem. You seem to have no clue how vaccinations work. Your kids are fine now, but all it takes is some traveler to bring the disease here from China or Mexico and BAM! your kids get sick and some could die! Then all the kids and adults who are not protected can suffer the same. Since this is more prevalent in religious families, they can all come together and say it is god's will!

Funny how we all got vaccinated but complications are just about unheard of besides a rash. Come on, who do you know has ever had a real problem from a vaccination? I am old enough to have a scar on my shoulder from the air guns they used to administer vaccinations from when I was a wee boy. It scared the hell out of me as a 4-5? yr old, but that is it.

In the reports above it is stated that the Mercury in the vaccinations nowadays is not the same Mercury that every one is afraid of. It is a matter of chemistry so I understand why most are clueless, organic chem still gives me trouble!
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #6
no tengo

Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Just wait until polio, small pox, measles and the like start killing people again and snowhere is right - it will be on your hands. Ignorance kills. Jenny and Jim are liars (even though they don't know it) and a public heath threat. By extension so are people who don't vaccinate their kids. This is a serious problem and it takes some serous calling out sometimes.
mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #7

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
brendo / mercury

Brendo,

There are alternative vacinations with no mercury. Ask your doctor. I think it cost us about an extra $100(for us), but for us it is worth it. If they don't know about it, pm me. My wife has all of the info some where at home.
Old 04-27-2009   #8
swimming

conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarmonymatoid View Post
I agree with Brendo. Being a parent of two children one 14 and one 2 year old, I have seen several children from families representing both line of thought. My daughter (now 14) was never vaccinated for virtually anything (I'm pretty sure rabies & measels). She's attended public schools her entire life and has never had a problem. She's never had a flu vaccination and oddly enough never gets the flu even when the rest of the school is out sick. She occasionally gets a common cold but rarely. Her immune system is strong as a horse.

My 2 1/2 year old is healthy as a horse also. He was given the initial round of vaccinations at the hospital when he was born. Other than that... nothing else. The vaccination routine given to kids nowadays is ridiculous. Brendo is also correct about the contaminates in vaccines. I'm just looking at the evidence, my boy did not even run a fever or have a runny noses this winter. Our neighbors kids have all had all the shots and they are sick 80 to 90% of the time. He does eat healthier than most, we juice vegie's regularly, he takes zinc & other supplements. He also eats fresh fish at least twice a week. He breast fed until he was 1 1/2. I think if raise your kids out of a box and feed them water mixed with powder, you are asking for trouble.

The reason your daughter hasn't gotten sick and possibly died from one of these horrible diseases is because most other parents were responsible enough to get their shots. You are profiting off the risks of others and incorrect in your logic.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #9

San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
As I dont have kids I dont feel that I can give sound advise, but I will offer some anecdotal food for thought.

I had a friend from a family that was anti-government (cameras in TV, vaccinations = tracking devices, etc..) The kids were all home schooled because of the parents beliefs and because they couldn't be allowed in public schools w/o vaccination records.

This work fine for my friend until she applied for college. All of the sudden she had to make a choice; Adult vaccination or College of her choice. Even as a child of The Free State of Jefferson (North Cali) she got vaccinated.

While I am no fan of the FDA or drug companies, I see a little mercury like substance in a vaccine better than the myriad of diseases it prevents. Mercury is not good for you, even worse are mercury vapors (Mad hatter disease)

Until the 1970s people in schools used to PLAY with mercury! Not that it was good for them, but everyone in their 50s doesnt have dementia, or all the mercury problems we hear about. Ever eat fish from the ocean? swim in a river down stream of a coal plant?

I also dont dismiss the fact that there is a reaction to some vaccinations, some people claim autism came be caused by this? I am no doctor, but ask anyone in Africa if they wish their kids have been vaccinated (assuming their children made it past 10, with out being killed by an easily preventable disease).

scott
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009   #10
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
Now, I never said that I was against vaccinations, or that I would never get my child vaccinated. I just feel that having a doctor try to force medicine upon my family made no sense.My son had the vaccines at birth and at 3 months. At that point WE decided that our best course of action was to do some research and wait a few years and then make sure that when/if he does get vaccinated, they are the mercury free vaccines.

I also have found that I particularly do not get along with the flu vaccine. I had it a couple of years in college. Every time I chose to take the vaccine, I got sicker than a dog the next week. I actually contacted the flu. It did not keep me from getting the virus, but actually gave it to me. I don't remember if I contracted it multiple times in any of those years.

I'm not playing god, I am being a respectful and considerate parent. For many, this debate becomes personal, like debating Christianity vs evolution, abortion, or even circumcision.

I have also found that because we eat healthier and get regular exercise, my family has been healthier than "other" families in the neighborhood.