Has anybody heard anything about this?

blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2006   #2
&d

gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
:shock: That isn't the first time I have heard that, or read that, from different, seemingly legitimate sources, but when it is put to dramatic music like that, the effect is definately compounded.

I keep telling myself that just because the president signed all these insidious executive orders, it doesn't mean that they will ever be called into practice, but that music was pretty foreboding...

Early may of 08' sounds like a good time to go first D in some third-world country somewhere..
&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #3

This stuff has been around for years.

Welcome to the web. Be smart.
stof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006   #4

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by stof
This stuff has been around for years.

Welcome to the web. Be smart.
That's what I'm trying to be. And it's not just a web clip. It's a movie that's showing at Tamarac this week and is being discussed on Peter Boyles show right now. I hate conspiracy theories as much as anyone, but doing very quick research on it, I've only found positive reviews of the movie. Can anyone point me toward anything that proves it's just more of "this stuff" so I don't have to get out my tin foil hat? I'm looking for more than "Aw he's obviously a concpiracy theory nut job." Anyone know of any factual discediting of the movie?
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #5

Do you really believe the crap in this video? Do you think the person who made it has no agenda? The American economy and standard of living is the envy of nearly every other country on earth. America's "poor" today are much, much better off than the poor of 50 years ago and have a higher standard of living than 75% of the rest of the worlds population. This video twists and spins facts to play upon peoples fears and our government, while certainly not perfect (nor can it be), is at least the equal of most others and far better than most. Why do millions of people risk there lives to get here illegally if we're so bad.
boatnbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #6

Denver, Colorado
People in chat rooms tend to be assholes, welcome to the internet.

Hey Bruno, if that got you going, check into "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins. Erin is about done with it. I'll send it your way when I get it back.

Missed you at Gauley, no excuses next year. Here is a pic of me in the "room of doom" for your entertainment.

http://www.leisuresportsphoto.com/mp...&eventid=21291

-d
For the record, I am what Willis was talking about.
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #7

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
sick pic D. Are you a pimp or did you swim?
Gore sunday?
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #8

Denver, Colorado
Thanks Joe, It wasn't very pretty. A couple rolls in the eddy and after the second, found myself next to the eddyline and dove into the current with my paddle first hoping to catch a ride out. Not a pimp, but not a swimmer either.

Climbing on Sunday, could go Saturday if we leave early enough (dinner plans at 4).

-d
Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #9

Edwards, Colorado
Ah...I love political discussions on the Internet.

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man is a great book...definately an eye opener as to some of the shading dealings that go on in the world.

I'll abstain from getting up on my soapbox for this one but I do want to say one thing.

Yes Michael Moore and all of these other film makers have political agendas but if their only contribution to society is to get the rest of us thinging about this stuff and doing our own research then let them keep making their conspiracy theory movies.
outdoormikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006   #10

You know what, I am going to put on the cowboy hat, the cowboy boots and go fuck some sheep, anyone want to join me?
luke c is offline   Reply With Quote