Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2009   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Wow. From their "Statement of Beliefs":

Quote:
Science and the Bible

The Bible is the basis of all our beliefs about the universe that we live in. It is the final authority for all our beliefs about man and the universe and that the true facts of science can only support the Bible. If what the Bible clearly teaches conflicts with what science states, we choose the Bible's explanations and will wait for science to catch up. All science must be interpreted in the light of the true word of God
Old 04-19-2009   #3

Aspen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
As an atheist I find their beliefs ridiculous but that is my own view. Calling them "absolutely insane" seems a touch strong. The term absolute implies to me no room for any variation and that such a view is undeniably crazy. I would use the terms ignorant or naive, which imply some lack of knowledge.
ZGjethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2009   #4

B.F.E., Wyoming
www.venganza.org
They need to take a look at the true religion.
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009   #5

C. Springs, Colorado
You all going to HELL if you don't join this discussion board. Yesssssss.....I have seen the light!!!
The Landover Baptist Church Forums
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009   #6

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Holy crap are those guys absolutely insane!

A little excerpt from their Godly Republican Politics page .....

GOP chairman says "be like the Taliban" - The Landover Baptist Church Forums

GOP chairman says "be like the Taliban"

For those of you unframiliar with Taliban insurgent tactics, they are quite simple:

1. First, they bankrupt the government by blowing up oil pipelines,

2. then they abduct aid workers behead them, so that the population ends up hungry and sick.

3. next, they kill people who work for the government, until the government is paralized.

4. and then, they bomb religious shrines to start civil wars, which paralize and tramatize the entire population

5. Finally, they do random car-bombings of the civilian government, until everyone is so hungry, sick, divided and terrified, that they decide that living under the Taliban would be an improvement.

Now, remember that the Republican Congressional Chairman didn't say we should do actual beheadings to disrupt health care etc. After all, we don't need to.

1. We don't need to blow up oil pipelines to bankrupt the government - we already did this stage with Bush's tax cuts and crusades. Done.

2. We don't need to behead doctors, we just have to keep health care private, while making sure people keep becoming unemployed, losing their insurance and benefits. Done.

3. We don't need to shoot government workers, all we have to do is obstruct any leadership Obama tries to provide, and add riders to any bills that make it through, in order to sabotage them. We can also demand that Obama make the bipartisan gesture of putting the bipartisan Mike Brown back in charge of FEMA, since he did a heck of a (bipartisan) job saving New Orleans. This is all in the name of bipartisan bipartisanship.

4. As for civil war, we already have the culture war. Keep talking Guns, God, Gays and babykilling babykillers. Don't let the democrats distract people with trivial and unsolvable moot debates over irrevelvant things like their "economy" obsession.

5. If we play our cards right, keep calling for bipartisanship, keep obstructing and talking culture war, by 2010 Americans will be so miserable they'll decide they were better off under republican rule. By 2012 they will be rewriting the constitution to give Bush a third term.

You've got your marching orders! GO! GO! GO!
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009   #7
Kayak/SUP Instructor

The High Ground, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
Holy crap are those guys absolutely insane!
Landover Baptist Church is a spoof site set up to mock/make fun of the beliefs held by Christians.

Old 04-19-2009   #8

B.F.E., Wyoming
WOW that fuckin place just scares me.
I almost want to go in and just troll it for a couple of days.
Those crazies should be locked up...
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #9

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by freexbiker View Post
WOW that fuckin place just scares me.
I almost want to go in and just troll it for a couple of days.
Those crazies should be locked up...
Please join us my brother.......find the light....see the light......be the light. Those who refuse to believe.........will die a wiki death in wiki HELL.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #10

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
Landover Baptist Church is a spoof site set up to mock/make fun of the beliefs held by Christians.
I guess I took it hook line and sinker!
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote