A fond goodbye to George W. Bush - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-21-2009   #1

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
A fond goodbye to George W. Bush

Bush was greeted with jeers today at the iganuration ceremony, as the crowd chanted "nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye." Other members of the crowd gave him the traditional one finger salute as the commander in chief relinquised the powers he used to completely bone America. While nearly every other politician walking onto the stage was greeted with applause, Bush received nothing but a stony, hostile silence. A fitting end to an era of piss poor leadership.

Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009   #2

Florence, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Bush was greeted with jeers today at the iganuration ceremony, as the crowd chanted "nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye." Other members of the crowd gave him the traditional one finger salute as the commander in chief relinquised the powers he used to completely bone America. While nearly every other politician walking onto the stage was greeted with applause, Bush received nothing but a stony, hostile silence. A fitting end to an era of piss poor leadership.
Yes, that was truly classy. Way to rise to the occasion, losers.
TimberTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #3
Self-Aggrandizing jackass

The Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 04
Yes, nice to see the movers and shakers of this earth behave as though they were watching a Rock of Love reunion show.

That you think such things are 'fitting' says a great deal to me

There is a difference between intemperance and unvirtuous.
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2009   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
demo for the person that is the most radical on this site; and advocates peace more than anybody, you sure have alot of hate towards bush. what has he done to you?
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #5

A ''fitting'' end would have been more along lines of what Mussolini or Milosovich received.
Old 01-21-2009   #6

The next zone, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
demo for the person that is the most radical on this site; and advocates peace more than anybody, you sure have alot of hate towards bush. what has he done to you?
Yea I feel the HATE from some as well... Bush did a lot that some disagree with... But I just cant support the booing. It shows no class and it was just about the only down side to the day. People booing like that show what asses we americans are just as bad as old bushie... Good old USA asshats livin up to the legend!!!!

I also have to agree casper - wifey and stevie would better spend their time makin positive changes around durango than spewing deep seated anger here on the net! More hate/anger has been spread here in the eddie this year than I have ever seen and can be directly contributed to a few people who are dead set to rub it in and beat the hell out of the dead horse that WAS the bush's time in the office................. Now focus on change people!!!!!!

Reprisals, booing, and hate.... Now maybe you two are right and this is what we as a nation should be gettin done..... IMO now we have more pressing issues to deal with...

I agree telling......
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #7

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Until we step up and blame whats happening on ourselves nothing will change. change will not come from singing bills but from smarter actions by the people. the people were supporting bush over 50 percent before the war, we did it to our selvs we should have stepped up and said lets make sure theres proof and the reason is logical. we need to change our habits to save the only environment we have. its not coming from what barack signs; its coming from if you are going to get that ass on the back of that mountain bike and ride to school or work. it depends what you are stepping forward to change in our everyday lives. water conservation(i don't mind taking a shower 2 times a week) thats right we need to be dirty hippies with rock front yards. more localism where we produce what we need in the city making more jobs for everybody. industrialism has made everysingle one of us lazy bastards and we need to even out the industrialism with some localism. we elected bush 2 times in a row; remember that he was just as "evil" the first 4 years as the 2nd four years.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #8

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Are we “disrespecting the office” when we disrespect the office holder?

Let’s turn to one of America’s great voices of moderation and reason for some guidance. Rush Limbaugh was asked by “a major American print publication” to offer a 400-word statement explaining his “hope for the Obama presidency.” He responded: So I’m thinking of replying to the guy, “Okay, I’ll send you a response, but I don’t need 400 words, I need four: I hope he fails.”

Turning the clock back to July 2006, let’s see how Mr. Limbaugh reacted to anti-Bush sentiments at the time: “I’m getting so sick and tired of people rooting for the defeat of the good guys.”

So, are we “disrespecting the office” when we disrespect the office holder? Guess it depends on who you are and who the office holder is. Of course, Miss Manners does not see it that way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	missmanners.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	948  
Old 01-21-2009   #9

timbuktu, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
It just confirms the complete lack of class and poor education that represents this block of voters. I guess it's to be expected from the childish Democrat party. Cry, Cry, everybodys against me, why can't I get break, I'm discriminated against. The funny thing is that your elected leaders in your party have no intention of following any of the bullshit rules and regs they will inflict on us. They just think their ideas are good for you and me not them.

I guarantee even though Obama disagrees with Bush, he repects the man, and will only respect him more as he learns more. When Clinton left office, his staff left behind a White House in complete shambles. They stole shit, broke shit, removed the letters from keyboards and generally acted like a bunch of fuckheads. Obama has enjoyed the most well managed transition ever, thanks to Bush and his staff. They are professionals and should be thanked for their service. The Americans that booed are bunch of fucking loser pieces of shit retards, that should have their right to vote stripped, ya you El puaco or whatever your ignorant fucking name is. It's funny that over the next few years those of us that voted for other candidates, will be respectful of Obama and pray everyday for his success because we care more about the country than we do petty differences. Not the libs way, they will continue to bash Bush every chance they get and won't let up for nothing. The man served with dignity and like he said yesterday. He leaves office being able to look himself in the mirror knowing he did what he thought was right. He didn't make decision based on the poll's. We will see if your dear leader has the same internal strength. He's already working on re-election long before he started his first day. Demo, I'd be curious to see if you have the balls to spew your retarded misinformed bullshit around a campfire.
yarmonymatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009   #10
gh

pnw, Colorado
Tough call for me. I really do dislike Bush but its not a new sentiment. I disliked him when he was GM for the Rangers and governor of Texas. I am extremely happy to see him and his policies go deep into a hole. If I had alcohol in me I think I would have boo'ed him and flipped him off. Would be tasteless and low brow, sure, no doubt about it. I would even feel bad when I sobered up but for anyone that wants to start today with fond rememberences of Bush's Error, well no thanks. He sucked and he is gone, good riddance. If that makes me a hater then so be it.
Lets move on.