A Different Kind of Class V - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-26-2009   #1

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
A Different Kind of Class V

Ok pukes - my girl (a.k.a. Wisegirl) is sacking up for a huge ultra endurance race, referred to as "the toughest footrace on earth", through the Sahara in March in order to raise money for AIDS Project Los Angeles. It's a self support event which means she will carry all her food, sleeping bag, etc. on her back while she runs through the desert. It will be HOT, scorpions, sand storms etc and she's been missing ski days to train in the freezing Jackson temperatures. The crux day is a fifty miler, backed up by a marathon the next day. Basically, something I would never want a part of and you probably wouldn't either, but you can support by making a donation.

Help support a great cause and a great woman by donating via this link:
Alisha Strobel's AIDS Marathon Page

If you want to check out the details for the race which is pretty sick the official website is:
Darbaroud : Marathon Des Sables & Desert cup

I'm not expecting a lot from the western slope boys, but front rangers let's get it on...

Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2009   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Gary she is so much more hard core than you. How do you sleep at night. Seriously, that is nuts.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009   #3
sj

10 bucks from Highlands Ranch. That's right Highlands Flipping Ranch throwing down! Come on Bouldar you're enlightened! Vail (oh wait you're the Highlands Ranch of the west slope) You're as lame as me! 719 it will help with those homo erotic dreams.

In all seriousness folks. Aids research is a worthy cause. Many other health problems could be solved if we figure Aids out. I have a few personal stories. But telling a mother in the African bush that my Cipro and powdered Gatorade weren't going to save her son or herself was the most poignant. The look on her face when I shook my head no. That's right even people in the US die from Aids is a look I will take to my grave.

Gary E is still a wussy. sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009   #4

Jackson, Wyoming
"Gary E is still a wussy. sj" I cannot argue this as Lish asked me if I wanted in and I hung up the phone and told her I lost service till the spot filled.

Seriously please support her if you can, 5 or 10 bones isn't a lot and it will help. This can be written off also.

She is running 20 milers on show shoes on the weekend. So no doubt Dave, she's way harder then me. But my old ass will still smoke your asses, lol.

Figures the front range is the first to step up, they're always the first.
Old 01-27-2009   #5

Florence, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Done. Now I don't want to hear any shit-talk about Florence!

Tell your girl this is awesome.
TimberTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #6

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2004
Thanks guys!

It has been very cool preparing for this event, so many people have contributed in many ways. Gary even played late night trail running shuttle bunny / rescuer in Teton Park for me, which we all know was a huge sacrifice! Others have forwarded emails to friends and family, donated their time, money, gear, etc. I've had different friends meet me every six miles of my really long runs so that I would have someone to keep me company and all of it makes a huge difference. What's the point of life if you can't really get after it right?

So THANK YOU!
WisegirlII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #7

Jackson, Wyoming
Steve, that story is intense. Thanks for helping out folks.
Old 01-27-2009   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
Gary, would it help if we made this a sticky for a while?
Old 01-27-2009   #9

Jackson, Wyoming
I think Steve already did, but yes that would be awesome. It's a great cause and Lish is working hard. Thanks, hope the winter is treating you well.
Old 01-27-2009   #10
gh

pnw, Colorado
Yep he did it. I missed that. Donation sent. Good luck.

Quote:
719 it will help with those homo erotic dreams.
ouch!

Tags
class v