gh

pnw, Colorado
5 theories on Romneys unreleased tax returns

5 Theories Why Romney Won’t Release His Tax Records | The Big Picture

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012   #2
swimming

conifer, Colorado
Nothing like trying to obscure the real issues. I prefer to vote on the debt, economy, foreign relations, energy and many other things the current President has failed at.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
Yep, no reason whatsoever to concern yourself with the credibility of this candidate. Just pay attention to the fact that the Republicans drove the economy in the ditch and its going to take a while to dig it back out.
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012   #4
swimming

conifer, Colorado
The blame bush things can't work forever!
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
Its got quite a bit of mileage left in it.
Old 09-24-2012   #6

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. compassionate View Post
The blame bush things can't work forever!
The "s" on the end of "Republicans" doesn't blame just blame Bush. And, yes, we can pin this one on him (and his administration over 8 years) forever. Seems a slew of conservatives are hell bent on blaming the 80 recession on Carter.

However, I agree with one thing. We need to focus on our priorities, and right now the strong desire to increase defense and rush into Iran and other parts foreign will only make our budget woes worse.
Old 09-24-2012   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
What type of economic policies we are going to pursue IS the primary 'real issue. ' of this election.Are we going to double down on some variation of supply side economics (repubs) or use Keynsian solutions combining careful spending cuts with increased revenue raising through more progressive taxation (dems) .Romney is the one who stupidly opened up this can of worms by making claims that his business acumen qualifies him to be president.It is fully appropriate to scrutinize his business record, philosophy, ethics, and results.H e is the posterboy for the type of economics many feel /know caused this mess in the first place.

My own feeling is that we should focus a lot more on the absurd amounts of money these guys make (not earn) in the first place not just how much to tax them on it.It is infinitely clear to me that the core problem is that market forces are a terrible way to determine JUST compensation.Progressive taxation is the best way we have figured. out so far for society to get back part of the over compensation bleeding the middle. class.I have some ideas along these lines but no time now to get into that.

I hope the. "they are all the same " or "they are too much the same " crowd appreciates the long overdue populist turn the dens have taken in this election cycle, making this the issue.I suppose the skeptics /cynics will say it is disingenuous politics, that remains to be seen.If Obama wins, we need to keep the pressure on to live up to it.If Romney wins look for the repubs to act like they have a mandate for extremist right wing economics based on a top down approach on steroids.
cayo 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #8

The "anyone but Obama" crowd really does not care if Rmoney is a crook.
At least he is a white crook.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #9

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
At least he is a white crook.
Don't forget male
Old 09-24-2012   #10

Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000