40 SW OR 45 ACP - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-12-2008   #1

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
40 SW OR 45 ACP

Which would you choose and why? looking at getting another hand gun. i own a 38 special and am wanting another which would any of you get of the 2 choices?

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008   #2

timbuktu, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
H&K Compact 40SW period. I own a variety of side arms, this is by far and away my favorite in every category accuracy, power, ease of cleaning. Ammunition is readily available and still reasonable. I also have a 45, love it, big fun freaky weapon but if I had to choose one it's the 40 hands down.
yarmonymatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #3

Littleton, Colorado
have a .45, never shot a .40, so interested in this as well--came across this while googling:

.40 SW vs .45 acp? - Shooters Forum
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2008   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Old 12-12-2008   #5

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Caspermike my 45 ACP Colt goverment model is thirty five years old with 18000+ rounds through it, works excellent. I was told if you only own one gun that it was the one to have, and I only own the one gun.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #6

Bozeman, Montana
I think im going with a 40, great penetration and you can't beat having an extra bullet available. it may not be as heavy a bullet but that fucker packs some velocity and punch. which looks like its as effective if not more? anybody have person experience with the recoil? im not worried about ammo prices yet untill king obamama fucks it up.
Old 12-12-2008   #7

timbuktu, Colorado
I do not disagree with Raymo, however, technology has come along way in 35 years. Colt 45's are and will always be a good standard if you can only own one gun. I'd take seriously anyone opinion who's been paddling longer than I've been alive! By the way that charts great, hadn't seen that before. that's dear leader chairman maubama, and he is going to fuck with ammo as soon as he possibly can.
Old 12-12-2008   #8
gh

pnw, Colorado
You guys definitely belong in the hate and fear party if you truely believe that Obama is going after your guns. Jeez, let it go until you actually have something to base this crap on, if you ever do.
.45 but it depends on what you are using it for. I believe that the .45 is the most manageable, with the best knockdown power, gun available for home defense. Except maybe for a shotgun but thats another discussion. The penetration arguement cuts both ways. How many walls do you want the round to penetrate if you are using it in your home? Both are fine guns but for me the .40 shoots a bit hot for what I use a gun for but tastes vary. Both are good weapons.
Old 12-12-2008   #9

Bozeman, Montana
gh we never said anything in the thread about him going after guns because guns are useless without ammo. and in fact ammo prices will change soon enough gh. i have one word to describe you denial

on a side not i stuck with the 40 one reason is cause ill be buying a 45 to go with it next month . happy shooting and dont forget to start stocking up on ammo.
Old 12-12-2008   #10

timbuktu, Colorado
Mike, sorry to get off topic, but I agree strongly, every single member of his cabinet is anti-gun and he has never hunted, fished, floated, camped, hiked or done a damn thing outdoors a day in his entire life. R. Emmanuel is as anti-gun as they come, so is Hillary(although she's probably weary of the gun issue considering the problems it caused Bill), Tom Daschle is fanatically anti gun. Wait until they get past this economy issue then we'll see the real Obama administration. Politicians in both parties will say whatever they think you want to hear. It's not a matter of hate or fear, it's called reality, the Dem's have been for gun control and an overall reduction of your rights as long as US has been the US. It wasn't the dems that freed the slaves, they fought against the idea that alll men are created equal. By the way good choice on adding the 45 to your collection! You really can never have too many.