Which pass should I get? - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-09-2009   #1
Definite maybe

Weld county, Colorado
Paddling Since: 0001
Which pass should I get?

i need to make a decision here...what pass to get this winter??? the interwest pass...vail resorts...just summit...a basin only...but im kinda temped to play at loveland this winter...at least my drive cant get messed up on the pass...any thoughts...money is an object

NoCo is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2009   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Out of the listed options, with money being a factor, I would get a pass to Loveland, but that's just me...I'm sure everyone else is going to say Vail Resorts.
Personally I think Monarch's Pass is one of the best deals in the state (though a little far from Ft. Collins). For $329 you get unlimited skiing at Monarch, 1/2 price tickets to Alta all season, 1 free unguided day at Silverton, 3 free days at Durango Mtn, 3 days at Powderhorn, 3 days at Sunlight, 3 days at Loveland. As well as 3 free days at Angel Fire, Pajarito, and Sipapu in New Mexico - and free skiing at Grand Targhee, Wyoming when staying at an on-mountain lodger.

Great deal if you like to travel around a little...
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Sacrilege! Monarch pass sucks! No need for front rangers to travel 3-4 hours to not stand in lift lines all day when they can happily stand in lines in Summit and Eagle counties!
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2009   #4
sj

Breck and A-Basin suck ass go Monarch Sounds like you want to go Loveland
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #5

the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
pass? you don't need no stinkin' pass. just ski the backcountry for free.
Old 09-09-2009   #6

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
pass? you don't need no stinkin' pass. just ski the backcountry for free.
That is definitely the way to go, but even getting 30-40 days in the backcountry, there are days when the conditions are just too risky to hit anything good...those are the days that pay to have a pass.

Snowhere, you should chill...everyone thinks Monarch sucks anyway.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #7

On the Highway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
If money's a worry get the 2 for 1 Winter Park / Copper Mtn Deal.
bldrmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Chill? Of course I have been chilling. Chilling every morning as the temps on the pass have been plummeting for my motorcycle ride to work at 6:15ish. It is time for me to put the insulating layer back into my motorcycle gear and check the net to see if Fairplay got snow. I have just about perfected my snow riding on two wheels, but try to keep the practice to a minimum!

P.S. How's Friday for an after work ride?
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009   #9
Definite maybe

Weld county, Colorado
last year i did the vail one Abasin,keystone,breck,and ten days at vail,beaver creek...im only off work midweeks so the croud thing isnt an issue...i go at minimum once a week...the problem is vail is too far away so i wont opt for that again, besides its a big beginner hill...breck is either flat or windblown and besides i got to park in bfe and a beer is 10bucks...keystone iss ok especially when going with less experianced people...a basin is too small and hard to get to on powpow days even though i do like how the only ammenities is food and a bar...copper seems to be the same pitch everywhere...why cant taos ski valley be closer...i want terrain...help...anyone know how much for the loveland pass???will i get bored with the mountain???if only there was a abaisin,loveland,winterpark pass...that be cool...that be some odd buisness amoung competetors though...by the way ive always have had fun at monarch its just that salida is already 3 hours for me in the summer...i will of course go to taos a few times this winter
Old 09-10-2009   #10
Definite maybe

Weld county, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowhere View Post
Sacrilege! Monarch pass sucks! No need for front rangers to travel 3-4 hours to not stand in lift lines all day when they can happily stand in lines in Summit and Eagle counties!
snowhere...this sucks...my taoseno ass is being branded front range...get off your high horse...gotta make a living you know