Where will you spend your winter? - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-20-2011   #1

The next zone, .
Where will you spend your winter?

It is always interesting to see where and how buzzards spend their winters..

I get in 2/3 of my days in the BC but when I am at a resort it will be the Monarch pass again this year also re-upped my Aspen 4 pack. Have trips planned to the Butte, Durango, Glenwood, South fork, Jackson/Alpine, and Silverton. I also hope to get some quality time in a few new found local zones around here.

The sled bed makes it easy bringing the sleds for some BC goodness. My sled for this year will be a new polaris 800 pro. Hope to get out at least once with the Monarch cat boys - always a good time. Add in a couple of multi-day exploration trips as well as a night or two over at the Taylor Park Trading Post cabins and it should make for a good winter!

Lib-Tech will still be my board of choice as I will be startin the year on the rice 165 with brton boots/bindings.

So where will the rest of you buzzards be spending your winter?

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011   #2

Ashland and Lake Almanor, state of jefferson
Paddling Since: 1997
ski-doo 800r 154.ported and bored 80over. with nos. my sled will rip your dam arm off. wsasa race sled. 7 motors in 3 years. 205hp with 40hp nos.
fox all around. over $20,000 in sled. out pulls 4-stroke turbos.
it will take you where you don't wanta be.
i love snow.
when in doubt throttle out.....................
kaya dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
As usual I will spend most of my time either at Monarch, in the Monarch Pass backcountry or skiing Cottonwood, Independence and Fremont. Planning on another 3 day weekend at Silverton skiing the mountain and the backcountry...hoping New Mexico keeps getting snow...want to explore Taos and Pajarito...and if not I will be heading to Wyoming for a quick tour of the goods. Hopeful that this might be the winter I make it to Revelstoke...but that is still $ dependent. Still skiing the same 2 setups...K2 Fujatives and K2 Pistepipes...alpine and tele respectively.

Looking forward to more summits and new lines...come on snow!!
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011   #4

Palisade, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
I'll spend another winter in the San Juans based out of my shack up at the Last Chance......backcountry turns on the K2 Mt Baker Superlights.......already made 2 trips and have Balto the snowcat up and running......need more snow and watch out when it comes the TG base down that way is going to cause much trouble later on
F.A.A.C. Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #5

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: '05
I'll be down here in sunny Key West Florida sailing, SUPing, diving and sea kayaking. Don't have a snow machine, but I do have a sweet 86 ft. wooden schooner to play on every day as well as miles of smooth water to paddle out to empty islands to drink beer. Temps between 65 and 80. I'm not sure you snow buzzards have this winter thing figured out yet.......

150 days 'til high water boys and girls.....SYOTR around May 1st...
SimpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #6

ww guide/ frame builder/welder, mobile fabrication gig
Paddling Since: 1988
Nice, simple man !!!! I would guess that your " boat" requires a lot of maintaince, but what a great place to do a little " work"
Old 12-01-2011   #7

Copper Mountain, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Crushing bumps on Alpine Lift over at Copper all winter. Definitely going to get some more days in at the boat as well.
Cphilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #8
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Mt. Effing badass Baker.

Suck it.
Old 12-01-2011   #9

Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.A.A.C. Slim View Post
I'll spend another winter in the San Juans based out of my shack up at the Last Chance......backcountry turns on the K2 Mt Baker Superlights.......already made 2 trips and have Balto the snowcat up and running......need more snow and watch out when it comes the TG base down that way is going to cause much trouble later on
Glad to hear Balto is still running!
Ya, that TG base...same story in UT... if I still lived in Alta, I would be climbing my favorite ridge on Mt Superior, get on belay with however much rope I feel like carrying (80' 7mil at least), and bootpack out the entire starting zone of a couple of my favorite chutes. "Vert snowshoe-pack" actually; less wallowing than bootpacking, and it still impacts the whole snowpack, when its shallow like now.
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #10

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
I will be bumping chairs at the yellowstone cluband kayaking gallatin river and quake lake
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote