Snowriders Forum is DEAD! - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-25-2015   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Snowriders Forum is DEAD!

It's really sad to see Buzzards no longer care to discuss the frozen incarnation of the liquid we love so much... that which gives life to our riverine infatuations. Have boaters become so one dimensional that there's nothing else to talk about other than boating? Do boaters do nothing else in winter worthy of discussion? What in hell is happening here?

I say The Buzz should either make a real effort to be a legit forum for "Snowriders" or just put a dirty boot on the slow dying glory of "once was" and stand up to kill it.

JHimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2015   #2

Louisville, Colorado
My theory is that we are all accessing through the app, and because the winter buzz is in "other chatter" people don't get here as often.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015   #3
swimming

Colorado, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHimick View Post
It's really sad to see Buzzards no longer care to discuss the frozen incarnation of the liquid we love so much... that which gives life to our riverine infatuations. Have boaters become so one dimensional that there's nothing else to talk about other than boating? Do boaters do nothing else in winter worthy of discussion? What in hell is happening here?

I say The Buzz should either make a real effort to be a legit forum for "Snowriders" or just put a dirty boot on the slow dying glory of "once was" and stand up to kill it.
This whole place is dying...
BeaterBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2015   #4

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman View Post
...because the winter buzz is in "other chatter" people don't get here as often.
No doubt. I think it's super lame that this forum, the one about snow, isn't part of the home/portal in WINTER.
JHimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015   #5

Louisville, Colorado
I was just reading that Yahoo now demands full access to any app utility within two clicks for the app to go public.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015   #6

Longmont, Colorado
I'm afraid forums are dead. It's not just this one or because it's a second tier forum compared to the boating forums.

My motorcycle racing forum died a couple years back. It was supposed to migrate to Facebook because that was better. Nope. It just meant all activity dried up completely, except the promoter's posts. It's really sad because the forum medium seems so much better for being able to search for info or keep important info at the top, etc.

I think with a few motivated members this can be sustained. Hence my jumping through the hoop to post after just reading here for many years. Hopefully it can be kept alive.
dmd327 is offline   Reply With Quote