ski biking? - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-31-2006   #1

ski biking?

Just bored here, and happened to come across ski biking at Vail, its the night guided tour. Any opinions on it, i never ski biked before, I dont ski i ride, some people say its just like a motorcycle, anyone knows how much is the tour, I am actually thinking on doing it, im gusing it should be fun.

fet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2006   #2

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
For me, the notion of ski biking always brings to mind the words "nonsurgical castration." Dude, you're going to be living life like a Mountain Dew commercial already. take a break and spend some time with your family.
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H.
For me, the notion of ski biking always brings to mind the words "nonsurgical castration." Dude, you're going to be living life like a Mountain Dew commercial already. take a break and spend some time with your family.
I got plenty of time to spend time with my family back home, this trip is all about sports, I wana try new shit, and my time is limited, so im actually leanning towards this, sounds like fun. Specially considering that i used to do crosscountry biking not to long ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2006   #4

fet123,
Don't waste your time doing this. Spend your time on your board. These things were invented for people who want to be able to sit down while they "ski". I've never seen one on anything but a green run and I give them lots of room. It's not a serious endevor and has nothing to do with cycling.
boatnbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #5

golden
I do not think those things should be allowed on the mountain. Reminds me of what I used to rig up in the woods behind my house when I was 10.
If you are in Vail and you opt out of looking for the best snow to skibike....well just stay in the lodge. You are going to loose a ball or two.

Skibike tour :] that is a good one you are joking right?

If you are not joking but have extra time and money. Learn how to ski.
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker
I do not think those things should be allowed on the mountain. Reminds me of what I used to rig up in the woods behind my house when I was 10.
If you are in Vail and you opt out of looking for the best snow to skibike....well just stay in the lodge. You are going to loose a ball or two.

Skibike tour :] that is a good one you are joking right?

If you are not joking but have extra time and money. Learn how to ski.
No im not joking thats how they describe it on their site, I just copied and paste, The thing is that this damm resorts close at 4 pm i used to keep ridding until 10 or 11, im just looking for a way to speend the extra hours, I am not a drinker so bars are out of the question. And I dont want just to go to the lodge, if I wanted to sit down might as well stay home. Let me just put it this way I am as active as it gets when i go out on trips, wake up at 6 and shut eye probably at 2 or so, figures its only a 4 day trip might as well make more time out of it, my damm job wount give me extra days of, but oh well nothing I can do.

But still seems most of you guys dont like it, well i guess im going to let that pass and find something else to do. I was readin in some articles and it seems that this is really big in europe, but anyway ill look for something else.

Thanks for the help
Old 11-01-2006   #7

golden
So how do you expect to get that thing up the moutain without a lift?

I see that you are just looking for things to do. If they offer that tour after hours have a ball.
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #8

if a full day of riding isn't enough to tire you out, you're not riding hard enough. (and I'm not joking)

But if that is such a big deal, drive to keystone for night skiing, knock yourself out, just ditch the ski-biking.
sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #9
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
Ski-bike = http://thecia.com.au/reviews/b/image...mountain-9.jpg
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbagger
if a full day of riding isn't enough to tire you out, you're not riding hard enough. (and I'm not joking)

But if that is such a big deal, drive to keystone for night skiing, knock yourself out, just ditch the ski-biking.
Yeah i know the biking deal is off, about the ridding not hard enought who knows you might be right or wrong u never know, I thought of driving to keystone to, actually my hotel is closer to keystone, so i have to drive back anyway, but yeah there are some options open. I might also look into some familly activities, to do with my mom and little cousing, but anyway thanks for the help.

Plus the bike deal is 62 bucks I think thats to much monwy for that, but then again its Vail, everything is fucking expensive.