Roost Lodge at Vail - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-05-2006   #1

Roost Lodge at Vail

I have booked a hotel in Frisco, but due to some of you guys saying that the hotel is to high in altitude and that is better to look for something lower since I am coming from Florida, i found the roost lodge and the prices are doable, but I read some reviews online that can be a little frightening any comments on this hotel, or any advice on a cheap hotel on lower grounds I guess around Vail its the lowest, men everything is so expensive there and my budget is so tight.

fet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2006   #2

I'd just stay where you'e at. The elevation diffence between Vail & Summit is not that great. I doubt if you get altitude sickness it will make any difference.
boatnbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006   #3

Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
The Roost is a little hole in the wall. You will get a bed in a tiny room. It's not very nice but it's perfect if you just need a place to crash at night and are skiing Vail or Beaver Creek all day so you won't really spend any time in your room. Hotel Frisco is definately nicer than the Roost. The altitude difference is not that significant so if you are having issues in Frisco, you will probably still have them in Vail. Also, what you save by staying in the Roost will quickly disappear to the higher prices of food, gas, etc. in Vail. The only reason to stay at the Roost would be if you are skiing Vail or Beaver Creek everyday and want to be closer (but Frisco is much closer to Keystone, Breck, Copper, A-Basin, and Loveland). If altitude is the issue, stick with Frisco.

COUNT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2006   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNT
The Roost is a little hole in the wall. You will get a bed in a tiny room. It's not very nice but it's perfect if you just need a place to crash at night and are skiing Vail or Beaver Creek all day so you won't really spend any time in your room. Hotel Frisco is definately nicer than the Roost. The altitude difference is not that significant so if you are having issues in Frisco, you will probably still have them in Vail. Also, what you save by staying in the Roost will quickly disappear to the higher prices of food, gas, etc. in Vail. The only reason to stay at the Roost would be if you are skiing Vail or Beaver Creek everyday and want to be closer (but Frisco is much closer to Keystone, Breck, Copper, A-Basin, and Loveland). If altitude is the issue, stick with Frisco.

COUNT

Yeah I was thinking about that, ill just stay in the hotel I am at. We probably wont get altitude sickness lets hope so. Well thanks for the help.
fet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006   #5

Sick Snow Bunny's @ the Roost though!!!!
dasunluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006   #6
AQS

Edwards, Colorado
Roost

Although a hole in the wall, if you are going ski/ party in Vail you get a free shuttle into Vail Village from the Roost Lodge and it only takes 5 mins to get there.

Drink LOTS & LOTS of H2O your first 24 hours up in the hills and you should be fine.

Have Fun.

-Sean
AQS is offline   Reply With Quote