Powder 8 Showdown!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-03-2010   #1

The next zone, .
Powder 8 Showdown!!

Yep..

Ok it seems the rivalry between BV and salida can not be solved buy the ever continuing "arms race" of building better and ever expanding play parks with bigger and better features... This past year the race has risen to a truly ridiculous level with both towns claiming 2 new spots.. Even worse the "arms race" is now expnding with Canon City gettin on the map with 2 new features as well.

Some of us here in the Ark Valley have been talkin smack and as seen by theads like https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...ine-29011.html and https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...ome-28271.html

Unfortunatly feelings have been hurt and this rivalry has now has spilled over into the front range.... It seems the only honerable and proper way to solve what city/playpark/town is best is to have a "powder 8" contest..

Here is how it is to go down!!!

Under the critical eye of our qualified panel of international judges, athletes from around Colorado gather not only to celebrate the passion for powder but to single out the best Powder 8 team.

Teams are scored under the following categories: Dynamic Skiing/snowboarding, Synchronization, Roundness of Turns, Symmetry, Dress, and Descent Line. Compared to ski racing, Powder 8 skiing incorporates a team of two athletes. These athletes not only have to be in top condition they must be tuned into each other in order to ski with precision and style together.

So now I am calling out Bob builds, lmyers, Harv, Cutch, and anyone who thinks they rep their towm and thinks they can compete with us BV boys at a true test of winter skill up on Cottonwood pass..

The day and time is TBD (next week or two would be best).. I will only have 2 maybe extra sleds and you will need a sled for this trip. Also I should not have to say it but you will need full BC gear.

Feel free to reply to this thread if you want to go..

Its on like Donkey Kong..

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010   #2

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Uh-oh, better break out the VHS of Aspen Extreme to prepare myself.
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #3

surrounded by mountains, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1981
Way to go JV! Are you planning it on a weekend?

Cheers!
KV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2010   #4

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
definitely in...planning to go to AZ the weekend of 3/20-3/21 though...might have to reschedule if that's the date for the pow 8.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010   #5

x, x
Paddling Since: x
I'm going to AZ with Lmyers from the 17-18 - the 22. .

although i ski alone but i could do a powder 6. i am in fo sho. I will take anybody you want for the comp. lmyers, rdnek, if you have a 3rd bro that will do. i have no ski partner so i'll need one. if not i'll do one run forward and one run switch.

good thing i ski BP and the comps held at little ol' cotton wood
only seems fair to rip lines at your local spot. your gonna need everything you got!

and for the record, i would rather live in the BV area, no doubt. the front range is over crowded.

We should get together though and do this, i am sure its going to be funn.
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #6

The next zone, .
Aspen Extreme is a good starting point but I would also include Ski Patrol the movie, Ski School, and Better off Dead!!!

Also here is some stoke and a good example of what the judges will be looking for..

I think a weekend would work best but I am open to just about any day. We could get it in before you guys leave for AZ.. Or after usually there is good snow until mid april around here..

Ken we need to find you a partner... Maybe Harv, Hixton, or Ross..

The little bro and I are going to be holding down the BV snowboard ranks. So any of you who have been out with us know how that will go down.. If we dont run into each other we will argue until the bottom about who screwed up what - where a fist fight should break out..

Bob do you have a partner or are we lookin for someone to hold down the FR with you??

Logan we may need to find you a ski partner from here in BV you got any ideas??

Meng what about a CB crew?? I know that the powder 8 has a cult following over in the gunny valley!!

Bob you are going to travel so what is best for you weekends?? Yea lets hammer out a day and get this on!

Oh yea I will supply a lunch of smoked salmon, elk, and ribbs for all.. BYOB other than that..
Old 03-04-2010   #7

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDNEK View Post
Logan we may need to find you a ski partner from here in BV you got any ideas??
Yeah, Snowhere and I have been tele'ing together all season, so we would be a good team for the BV ski division.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010   #8

x, x
i've got 1 but he wont commit, i am still in even if i have to hike back up for the other side. i know its short notice but how about this sat, i've got the sleds out anyhow. if not no worries. definately want to hang with you guys, anytime is fine with me. keep me posted.
bob
Old 03-04-2010   #9
-k-

Denver via GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
"Aspen Extreme is a good starting point but I would also include Ski Patrol the movie, Ski School, and Better off Dead!!!"

I can not believe that "Hot Dog" was left off this list, was it the R rating.
Old 03-04-2010   #10

x, x
this is my training regimen,

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!videos=hIROVqRbf0A&v=SPFCHuEegsk