new lift at breck - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-07-2005   #1

new lift at breck

I know most everyone here likes to work for turns, but I am sure some of you also venture into ski areas on occaision. I was wondering what everyone thought about the new lift to the top of Peak 8. If you don't know this will be finished in nov-dec and will be the highest lift in north america. It doesnt open up any new terrain but just adds lift service to previously hikable terrain like independence bowl and the 45-50 degree steep lake chutes. I work at the area and am split on whether or not I like the move. THe hike wasn't bad and was just long enough to keep most of the gapers away from fresh tracks, now it'll just turn into the t-bar but without the rediculously long line. I just feel that it was a special place to go in the area and now the bowl wil loose what made it great. I guess it'll just give us a head start to venture to peak 5 and 6. Any thoughts.

BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2005   #2
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Whatever, I could care less really. Summit County is like Orlando and Breck is DisneyWorld. That place can have all the lifts and gapers it wants, wait, they're already there. Fukin breck, pffft...
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005   #3
sj

I was just lamenting the fact that I had mostlikley got my last top to bottom every turn untracked in Imperial. But I also thought when the peak 10 chair went in that the burn was ruined. It was but the easy acess to the S side of 10 made up for it.

I am a little bummed but a 23 year perpective on the mountain tells me it will make it better. I mentioned the down side but here are a few pro's in my book. Lake chutes daily not yearly. Less of to possibly no line on T-bar = more pow on the N. side of lift. Snowboarders will most likley ride new lift instead of T-bar again leading to less lines in both places. New terrain to share with my daughter who boards and won't ride T. Whales tail to top of 7 with no hike. I guess I am a half full guy but i think it's good even if selfishly I don't want it. sj
sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2005   #4

Imperial Chair is only gonna have 15 chairs on it to start with a 45 chair max. And they are gonna groom a swath from it down so the gapers can make a clusterfuck of the liftline. Way to go Breck!
mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #5

Ski Breckinwind, brekinfridge, wreck-n-binge

Breck sucks. Many times I met people that would show me the good stuff, lines, trees. Nothin' good. It just plain sucks. Nothin' Breck has compares to Copper. Hell, lines under Pali at the Basin beat all of Summit County inbounds skiing. Breck?.....Are you kidding?
phatpow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #6

I think it's cool. Breck's so damn flat it seems all you do is ride a lift all day. This should help, but A-Basin still smokes it without high speed quads.
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #7

I think it's cool. Breck's so damn flat it seems all you do is ride a lift all day. This should help, but A-Basin still smokes it without high speed quads.
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #8

A-Basin's the only place to be (unless of course you're at Alta, T-ride, or Jackson, but they're just larger forms of A-Basin).

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #9

student
10 bucks says Breck does not get that lift finished for this season.
howlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005   #10

though the terrain isn't the best Breck is the best place I can work at and still go to school on the front range. The thread was about how people who skied at breck felt about the new lift. If you don't like breck no one cares. Many people dont like breck and they all have the same arguments: it gets rediculously flat at th bottom its crowded as hell. I personaly think there is some fun to be had on that mountain. ANd to answer the question the thing breck has that can compete with any ski area is the freeway 8 park. It's world class and better/bigger than anyhting else in CO. And the afrorementioned lake chutes that are now lift serviced are steeper than pali./any thing in the vicinity of copper mountain.
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote