Marble Peak... Best skiing in CO? - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-13-2010   #1
Fred Gnarquist

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Marble Peak... Best skiing in CO?

Hey! Check out this report from the best backcountry skiin in all of CO!(in my opinion) Soul Gypsy

fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010   #2

Northern Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Thanks A-Hole

You stupid [email protected]!
It's people like you trying to boost your own ego that ruin many of the special places for others to enjoy. For whatever reason, you have failed to see that by posting shots of you and your fellow "radster" ass monkey pals, you're contributing to the demise of Marble and places like it.

The best thing that can happen to you is to have the sh*t knocked out of you in a slide off Alley Pk.
-Hey! I heard the skiing off the north side of Justice is sick right now-why don't you go and mainline that shit-now would be the perfect time-oh, and bring all your buddies with you!!

-Idiot!
Faucet Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #3

the fort, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
were you part of the same group that just posted the TR on wildsnow? regardless, nice work. looks like one of the few places that has/had good snow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2010   #4
CGM

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faucet Butt View Post
It's people like you trying to boost your own ego that ruin many of the special places for others to enjoy. For whatever reason, you have failed to see that by posting shots of you and your fellow "radster" ass monkey pals, you're contributing to the demise of Marble and places like it.

The best thing that can happen to you is to have the sh*t knocked out of you in a slide off Alley Pk.
-Hey! I heard the skiing off the north side of Justice is sick right now-why don't you go and mainline that shit-now would be the perfect time-oh, and bring all your buddies with you!!

-Idiot!
Right...because only you and your buddies are allowed to ski, paddle (jerk each other off), etc in Marble. Pretty sure that a post on mountain buzz will not result in hordes of people invading Marble and your precious secret stash. Get a grip, and think twice when you wish for someone to be taken out by an avalanche....karma is a mother.
And Fred, thanks for the tip, I've been wanting to get back there in the winter for awhile, and now I can see its worth it. See you on the trail Faucet Butt...here comes the Front Range invasion!
Old 01-13-2010   #5
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Quote:

-Idiot!
FLOWTORCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #6

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
and the best part is Fred actually grew up around that area and old fuacett face probably moved to colorado. Thats Ok we're used to guys like fuacett face acting like they invented being hard core and living in the mountains. Come to think of it we should really be pissed at that Powell guy. I think he posted something about the west once and now look wut happened. Every one should just keep their mouth shut. I 'm sure know one took faucett face out showed him anything. nope he's so hard core He found it all on his own, made his own skis, and pretty much owns backcountry skiing in colorado.
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010   #7
Fred Gnarquist

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Quote:

-Idiot!
Hey faucet butt, ur so hard core man! Keepin all those secrets to yourself, you probably ski backcountry all by yourself cuz you dont need buddies to dig you out, you can just pop out wings and fly away from slides! I was just tryin to share a good experience man. I'm not too worried about how many people go up there as long as they are safe. It snows up there enough so there's pretty much freshies for everyone(except for you, hope god spites all your powder skiing opportunities).
fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010   #8

basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 08
Marble is hardly a secret spot anymore. 10 years ago we would go up there and there would Lous crew maybe a few others. Freds right there is plenty of lines for everyone. Be safe. The main thing is is try to limit the parking because there isn't a bunch. Keep the road open for the quarry trucks and we're all good. If you are going as a group you should meet up in bonedale or park in Marble and shuttle up in one ride. Should help with the parkin . Be safe have fun Shawn
caliclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010   #9

The next zone, .
Nice pics as usual fred..

Only problem I have with the post is well we all know the best skiing in colorado is not up by marble but up on Cameron Pass ....

Butt maybe you should look into the BC around Cameron Pass... Seems that you would find more folks with attitude like yours up there.
Old 01-14-2010   #10

Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Wow that looks great! Looks like I need to plan a trip up that way. . .

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred norquist View Post
Hey! Check out this report from the best backcountry skiin in all of CO!(in my opinion) Soul Gypsy
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote