Lines in Vail - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-05-2006   #11

Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
Don't try to help out BSOE, keep the sheep in one place. Shhhh.

Colorado is the shit, Utah sucks balls. There are no lines in Summit County, everything is great,grand, wonderful. Traffic doesn't line the streets of vail on the weekends, those people are parked there for something else. There are killer steeps everywhere.You may even get one of those epic 3inch dumps keystone is famous for. Oh man, don't even get me started on those Keystone groomers! You haven't lived, BSOE, til you've pushed the limits on Spring Dipper at night. Woo-hoo! Thats where skiing's dreams & legends are born.

Don't forget toget to first chair by 8:30 and wind it on down by 10. Who'd wanna ski a full day anyway. That shits for the birds.

gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006   #12

Are you talking about when Keystone reports 3" or when Keystone actually gets 3"?

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #13

thanks for the help, thats good advice yeah ill be snow boarding the w t and friday thats the 5,6,7 and I plan to ski open to close on the 5 and 6 and 4pm to 8pm at night on wenday, well thats good that theres not going to be much lines thats going to help. I know it sounds insane to snowboard the way we are going to do it but hey I have done it before lots of times, I get to snowboard once maybe twice a year, so I have to make the most out of it. Yea I know at the end of the trip I am drop dead but at least I have it in my consius that I got the most out of it. As a matter of fact last time we snowboard 10am to 11pm for 3 streight days in PA, we were dead but had a lot of fun, its cheap for me to go to PA.

Thanks a lot guys that helps a lot in decicions on where to go

I might do one of the days in loveland
fet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006   #14

thanks for the help, thats good advice yeah ill be snow boarding the w t and friday thats the 3,4,5 and I plan to ski open to close on the 5 and 6 and 4pm to 8pm at night on wenday, well thats good that theres not going to be much lines thats going to help. I know it sounds insane to snowboard the way we are going to do it but hey I have done it before lots of times, I get to snowboard once maybe twice a year, so I have to make the most out of it. Yea I know at the end of the trip I am drop dead but at least I have it in my consius that I got the most out of it. As a matter of fact last time we snowboard 10am to 11pm for 3 streight days in PA, we were dead but had a lot of fun, its cheap for me to go to PA.

Thanks a lot guys that helps a lot in decicions on where to go

I might do one of the days in loveland
Old 09-07-2006   #15

Golden, Colorado
Wow, I'm glad you've enlightened me. Other places have better snow and less lines than Colorado. No shit. But as long as your "stuck" in Colorado try to have fun instead of being such a whiney bitch about it.

fet123, have fun. Sound like you have the right attitude for making the most of it. SJ's right. if your here midweek in January, don't worry about the lines or having to get out early. It'll be fine. And last January had great snow.
blutzski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #16

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Eat shit, man. If you lived far from mountains and were paying a fortune for airfare and lift tickets wouldn't you rather go to Utah and have a better chance of getting some deep days? CO skiing is great for sure and I love it, but be realistic. Big dumps, though not uncommon, are just much less frequent here. SLC never has a bad year. They have a lake. All things considered (boating mostly) I'll take CO over UT but not as a destination to ski.
Old 09-07-2006   #17

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
But if you're a groomer queen I guess powder isn't a consideration.
Old 09-07-2006   #18

Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
Yay!! Groomers!! Watch me tuck and go straight! I also love park, those perfectly cut jumps make for excellent launching pads when you go off the sides of them. Sometimes i'll send my buddy down with the disposable to get a quick shot of me catching air.

hahah, gapers...
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastrdSonOfElvis
Eat shit, man. If you lived far from mountains and were paying a fortune for airfare and lift tickets wouldn't you rather go to Utah and have a better chance of getting some deep days? CO skiing is great for sure and I love it, but be realistic. Big dumps, though not uncommon, are just much less frequent here. SLC never has a bad year. They have a lake. All things considered (boating mostly) I'll take CO over UT but not as a destination to ski.
In my previous threads I stated that is much more expensive to go Utah, so let me put it in words you might understand, It seems like your not a bright person when it comes to numbers, its 4 of us each ticket to Denver is $316.50 that’s a total of $1266, to fly to SLC its $455 a total of $1822 that’s a difference of $556. Not only that in Denver I only pay hotel 2 nights the other 2 I stay at my family house that’s another $200 saved, and not to mention that since all of us are under 25 we get charged $60/day for the rental car with out the insurance, in Denver ill be using a car from a friend, with taxes and insurance it come to almost $400 saved. 556+400+200=1156 well we don’t have that amount of extra money, if you do, why dont you send it her to Florida and ill upgrade my trip to UT. So why don’t you eat shit instead of me, thanks.

By the way yes I like the powder, but in life you have to make decisions that favor you.
Old 09-07-2006   #20

I don't know, skiing in Utah is great... so is jackson.

-jp
johnny portage is offline   Reply With Quote