HELP!!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-22-2006   #1

e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
HELP!!!

I need some help! my snowmobile, trailer and my freinds sled were stolen from lakota guides in eagle vail. one sled was a polaris 2004 700 RMK, and the other was a 2002 800 RMK. the trailer was a two place yacht club with Co plates 272 HGV. one neighbor reported seeing a late eighties blue/ grey for pulling out with two snowmobiles. If anyone has any info or could help it would be greatly appreciated! If anyone hears or sees this maggot ound their heads in and then call the cops.

Thanks
Doug
970 390 5843

liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2006   #2

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
Doug..

It's Marty... what type of late eighties vehicle?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #3

e-town, Colorado
sorry, its a late eighties blue/grey ford truck that was reported driving off with them. what a bummer, the police dont do anything. quite a ding in a ski patrollers budget!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2006   #4
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
post on sledcity.com and coloradosledcity.com.
Most read snomo forums in state.
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #5

Post on SnoWest. There's alot of people on that board and a decent chance that someone will see your sleds if they are still on the move.

That really sucks, I hope you get your stuff back.
mescalimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006   #6

The next zone, .
I will keep my eye out as well, what color are the sleds (sorry not a poo guy)? Any marks, dings, aftermarket parts, or stickers that could identify that it was yours?

Also I know cat does this but you should call the polaris main office and report this. I believe they have a way for their dealer network keep a eye out for the vin #'s of the sleds. Dealers should have to take every vin# down if the sleds ever goes in for work. Even if they went to New York and goes in to a shop you should know.

Maybe they will part them out - but most dumb asses that steal sleds dont have the knowledge or buyer(s) to strip a sled and sell the parts - but keep and eye on ebay for your sled parts or the entire sled.

The late 80's truck probably means they did not go back to Minnesota with some spring breakers - I bet these jackasses live in leadville, minturn, newcastle, rifle, or somethin like that.

Sorry again man, I hope that you get your sleds back.
Jahve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006   #7

e-town, Colorado
Thanks for the help guy's ,no luck yet. this has been posted on every website I have though of or has been suggested to me. One sled wa a 2004 red polaris RMK 700 144", and the other was a blue polaris RMK 2002 800 151". we are working on getting vin #'s out right now. keep your eyes open, they were both on a two place yacht club trailer. any info would be great. the red sled had several stickers including a smith sticker and a normal D sticker next to the handlebars. feel free to give me a call anytime. Thanks again!
Doug
970 390-5843