Fix my Step-In Bindings - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-12-2006   #1

salida, Colorado
Fix my Step-In Bindings

Yes, I still ride the old Burton SI Step-ins, too broke to buy new gear this season. Anyone have any tricks that help with the step-in part?? When riding the lever will "freeze" and will not stay locked down so that you can "step-in"..any ideas to temporairly fix this issue???
Thanks for the help.

psu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2006   #2

Indian Hills, Colorado
This doesn't answer your question, but: Can you use your step-in boots with strap bindings? If so, consider putting together some "fraken bindings" with parts got cheap or generously donated by friends. For example, I have an old pair of Burton Mission Doom bindings with a cracked base plate that I'd let go for a case of beer or whatever.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #3

salida, Colorado
I can use my boots with strap bindings...a case of holiday cheer ... Not sure how that would work out, dont believe it's worth driving out there but I will be in Frisco this tuesday????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2006   #4

Indian Hills, Colorado
Prolly be round Denver through the Holidays, not planning any trips up to Ark Valley or Summit in the short term...this may change dependent on snow conditions. hmmm maybe a Monarch mission round the new year. I'll let you know if I plan to be in your 'hood.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #5

salida, Colorado
thanks, Dan.
Anyone else have any ideas on how to fix the step-in issue?
Old 12-18-2006   #6
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
Ask your buddies for bindings. Take as many old pairs as you can get. Go to rental shops on-mountain and in the city and ask for broken bindings. Straps, buckles, base plates, etc can be salvaged and used on your "frankenbinding set up" (single bindings in the same size, make sure you get a left and right in a size..marked on bottom ..ie Large...Who cares about color at this point) You need a dremel tool to make modifications look nice, but a drill and some ingenuity work well to. I prefer Burton, as all the parts work together with mild modifications.

As for boots. If your set will work, modify them to work better. If not find some a a gear exchange or buy cheap at Gart??? Sports. I, myself, would not rock cheap boots, but i like my feet, so i ride 32 team 2's.

If you get some parts and need some buckles, etc...pmme and I see wha I can find in my garadge or at the tune shop.

BP
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #7

WD40? Can't hurt
jbarker is offline   Reply With Quote