Mountain Buzz banner

DPS fantom

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jgrebe 
#1 ·
I never jump on a new tech immediately, i like to allow other people to be the guinea pigs. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff. Its kinda pricy, wax is cheap. Is it worth it.

#4 ·
This will not replace the regular temp specific waxes. I work in the ski industry with shop specific experience and I do not see this taking a bite out of the need to get a wax periodically throughout the season. It would be like telling skiers / boarders that there is no need for apres' .... this one beer is all you will ever need. Waxing is part of the culture.

#5 ·
I put Phantom on my new DPS skis at the start of last season. Had a little problem getting enough sun for a good cure the first day so this might have impacted the performance (ended up curing for two days). I'm not a ski tech geek and truthfully don't spend a lot of time on tunes and waxing. One of the reasons I bought it. I can say that I can tell that it is on the skis when the snow is really sticky, even after two full tunes, but I wouldn't say that there is a huge improvement over what I've done in the past. Will I buy it again? Don't think so

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.