Colorado Ski trip, Some questions!! - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Winter Buzz

Old 08-26-2006   #1

Colorado Ski trip, Some questions!!

I live in Ft.lauderdale, currently planning to visit denver for a nowboarding trip, in december 17 to 21. I have some questions maybe someone can help me. First of all I am traveling in a budget so whats a cheap hotel near vail, brekenridge, or copper(or a website that I can find cheap hotels in this area)(hotels.com to eexpensive). The next question is this, the only reason I am making this trip to clorado is for whats supossely the best skking place in the USA(powder snow), I could go to killington of PA much cheaper, I need advice of wich are the best 2 resorts in that area for snowboarding, I want something Big something New something thats not available in the east coast, we are intermediate level in snowbards, so I guess I want to that extra notch for the experts level, basiclky something challenging. Another thing in this time of the season what kind(amounnt) of snow should I expect, is it pretty safe to say that theres definetly goingot be snow. This trip is very xpensive and it would be a bummer to not find any snow.

I would apreciate any help

Thanks

P.S. Is it worthit to go to Aspen? Where should I rent my Equipment?

fet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006   #2

Ski Utah dude, fly into SLC.
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggy
Ski Utah dude, fly into SLC.
The ticket is 50 dollars more, please I need info in denver, not utah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006   #4

Duhrango
Cheap hotels/motels in those areas are pretty much non-existant. Not sure where to send you.

Snow levels are not usually that great during the time you want to come out. Just keep that in mind. Some years it can be outstanding in mid-December and other times it can be pretty dismal.
Old 08-27-2006   #5

Indian Hills, Colorado
Quote:
killington of PA
Killington of Vermont?

Theres one $60-90/night place outside of breck, riverside inn?? Keystone is fuckin' sweet. Bitches too. Don't forget your blue jeans. PA's pow is sick sick gnar gnar brah, git on that shit ya trolly ass mofo.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanOrion
Quote:
killington of PA
Killington of Vermont?

Theres one $60-90/night place outside of breck, riverside inn?? Keystone is fuckin' sweet. Bitches too. Don't forget your blue jeans. PA's pow is sick sick gnar gnar brah, git on that shit ya trolly ass mofo.

sorry I ment "or" not "of" my mistake
Old 08-27-2006   #7

Not a river guide, Ft. FunK
Just follow the lines, gaper. Go to Breckinridge, its insane, the steeps are out of this world and there are no lines. You'll love it.
gapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006   #8

Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
www.vailonsale.com has deals on surplus available rooms for short-term (1-2 week's) notice
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #9

Ft Collins, Colorado
Loveland is nice, has good terrain, is close to Denver, gets early snow b/c of its aspect and elevation (plus they start making it early) and you could probably stay in Georgetown or Idaho Springs for cheaper than about anywhere. 4 packs go on sale soon for about $100 also.
thayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006   #10

Metro Area, Colorado
cheap boarding doesn't exist in Summit/Eagle Co's. during the Holiday season. If you really need to stay cheap, you are best off staying in Georgetown/Idaho Springs and making the 45 minute drive each way. You also might want to look at Winter Park/Mary Jane, but those hills are better terrain for skiers (imo) than riders.

In terms of snow quality...it's a crap shoot. Last year at that time the snow was amazing, some of the best snow of the season was in December, there are other years where the snow isn't even worth the trip until well into January.

Something else to consider is maybe some of the smaller resorts outside of Summit/Eagle Co's. They might be a few hours further in drivetime, but well worth it for cost and crowds.

Good luck!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote