Anyone know anything about the Rossi Systems - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Other Chatter > Winter Buzz

Old 09-22-2009   #1
CGM

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Anyone know anything about the Rossi Systems

Pretty sick looking ski, but I can't tell if they're full reverse camber or just early rise tips. Anyone know.....

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009   #2

Nope, sure dont.. good luck with that,, Fresh stuff fell at the butte,,,,though,,!
Palo Duro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #3

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Which ski? I think the ystem is the name for their boot design. I can get you details on their skis, but which one are you looking at specifically?

I am a dedicated fan of all things Rossi.
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2009   #4

Edwards, Colorado
Here's some internet propaganda:

The S7's features Rossignol Amptek profile combining, early raise tip and tail, camber underfoot, reverse sidecut in the tip and tail and sidecut underfoot. Rossignol has created the perfect powder tool for backcountry skiers who have a fetish for skiing the deep.

145/115/123

The most revolutionary powder twin tip to hit the backcountry... The S7 features the Rossignol Amptek Technology combines early-rise tip and tail, camber underfoot, reverse sidecut in the tip and tail, and sidecut underfoot. Says Sage Cattabriga-Alosa; It makes me look at terrain in a whole new light. It allows me to ski new and creative lines. I can slash and smear wind-lips, pockets, pillows and spines that were previously out of play. Rossignol has created the perfect powder tool for backcountry skiers who have a fetish for skiing the deep. Rossignol adds sizes 195cm and 166cm to round out this unique ski. The 195cm or, as riders call it,The Super 7, has a wider waist (117mm) and metal laminates in the construction. The 166cm is prefect for groms and women. 100% Backcountry

This is one for the back/side. My understanding is that it is not a full reverse camber but a big early rise tip and tail. My boy has a pair on order. He's pretty stoked about them. He tested a pair with tele bindings last spring in CB and was sold. He skied Sickbirds last year.
SBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #5

Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1985
Never Mind

My bad. Didn't check backcountry. I can stop by their headquarters and get a spec sheet. Now you've peaked my interest.

Backcountry Rossignol :: Pure mountain company
Old 09-23-2009   #6
CGM

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada View Post
My bad. Didn't check backcountry. I can stop by their headquarters and get a spec sheet. Now you've peaked my interest.

Any info would be sweet. Do you happen to know who might sell these in the Denver area?
Old 09-23-2009   #7

SBlue didnt really explain. the S7 and the system are the same ski. the system is the telemark version and i believe is a little lighter. it has early rise tip and tail, with camber under foot. the s7 is a sick ski. as far as where to get them in denver, confluence kayak might carry them.
catfishjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009   #8

Edwards, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishjon View Post
SBlue didnt really explain. the S7 and the system are the same ski. the system is the telemark version and i believe is a little lighter. it has early rise tip and tail, with camber under foot. the s7 is a sick ski. as far as where to get them in denver, confluence kayak might carry them.
True. Here's the link to the Rossi website.

Never mind, looks like Canada already put that link up.
SBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009   #9
Big Building with Gear

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
The S7 and the Mancini System are the same ski - different graphics.

We have the S7 in stock. Come on by and have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBlue View Post
True. Here's the link to the Rossi website.

Never mind, looks like Canada already put that link up.
Alpine Sports is offline   Reply With Quote