STOLEN Raft and Trailer - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-10-2015   #1

Vail, Colorado
STOLEN Raft and Trailer

Dark Green Aire Super Puma 2 (sr # 200601770) with fishing frame, swivel seats, oars, pump, nets and other equipment. It was stolen from our driveway in West Vail, Colorado on Friday August 7, 2015 @ 3 a.m. pulled on a 1978 black DIL, Utility trailer with CO license plate 105DAZ.
Thank you for keeping an eye out for our raft, any info will be appreciated!

mollymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015   #2

That sucks! Hope someone sees it.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015   #3

Aurora, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
I hope the scum is quickly caught and it's returned to you safely.

Karma will catch up with them.
Swank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015   #4

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Bummer. That's the second stolen raft & trailer posted on The Buzz this season. One here in Sandy Utah and now in Vail. Both were taken from driveways in the middle of the night. Scary. I have been lax about keeping my hitch lock on my trailer, but no more. It's on now for sure.
Old 08-10-2015   #5
Paddling in to the Future

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
Bummer. That's the second stolen raft & trailer posted on The Buzz this season. One here in Sandy Utah and now in Vail. Both were taken from driveways in the middle of the night. Scary. I have been lax about keeping my hitch lock on my trailer, but no more. It's on now for sure.
yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I park my trailer in my back yard behind a locked gate. (I'm thinking it would be wise to lock the trailer too now with this kind of crap going on)
Old 08-10-2015   #6

seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
Not blaming the op, but I leave nothing out I can't afford to replace. Lost track of how many times I have broke down all my gear in my driveway at 2am. Fyi a hitch lock isn't much of a defense for thieves when you have a trailer with little tongue weight. Better then nothing though. I'd rather spend the extra 30 mins rolling my raft then worrying if it will be there in the a.m. Will keep a lookout, but a green puma is the most common boat on the water. Good luck my friend.
bucketboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015   #7

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
So sorry to hear about this - we will most definately share the info with our rafting community and keep an eye out for it!
notabrobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015   #8
Sponsoring Vendors

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
That sucks...We'll keep our eyes peeled for it. You gave great details with the serial # and licence plate #. If we see it come through the shop (or town) we'll call the cops and not let the thief leave!
Old 08-11-2015   #9

Carbondale, Colorado
I will keep an eye out in the roaring fork valley. You should email this to all the regional fly shops. With all the guides they have on the water this time of year, someone might see it. Get in touch with the shuttle services too, they're at every launch and takeout all the time.
watermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015   #10
Sponsoring Vendors

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Hey Mollymac,
Does your Super Puma stick off the back of the trailer about 4 feet? I saw one rolling down the road today in Salida, and the raft really stuck out off the back of the trailer more than I would like it. Was a black trailer with green Aire. Couldn't see the licence plate #