Older pion playboat found on Filter plant - Mountain Buzz
 

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Lost & Found


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2008   #1
 
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffy
Older pion playboat found on Filter plant

I pulled an older Prion playboat (white) out of Filter plant today taking some CWWA beginners down. It appeared to have come loose after a long time being under the water. Hull is pretty severely damaged. Smelled extremely foul. No swimmer in sight and there were many people on the river. The boat is located near the old Picnic Rock picnic area about a 1/4 mile upstream from the takeout if its yours.

Be safe out there. 4.2 feet and counting!

jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-01-2008   #2
dq
 
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 86
old

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
I pulled an older Prion playboat (white) out of Filter plant today taking some CWWA beginners down. It appeared to have come loose after a long time being under the water. Hull is pretty severely damaged. Smelled extremely foul. No swimmer in sight and there were many people on the river. The boat is located near the old Picnic Rock picnic area about a 1/4 mile upstream from the takeout if its yours.

Be safe out there. 4.2 feet and counting!
That boat must be really old because Prijon never made any white boats, so the color must have all deteriorated.
dq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #3
 
El Flaco's Avatar
 
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,890
I seem to recall that the Samurai came in white, actually.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-01-2008   #4
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dq View Post
That boat must be really old because Prijon never made any white boats, so the color must have all deteriorated.
Prijon did make WW boats in white/granite. Sounds like a Samurai. If it is playboat/river runner. They also made Rockits in Granite as well. The Samurai has a black cockpit coaming.
Bobby Whitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #5
 
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffy
I think it was a Samurai. I seem to remember that name in black lettering when I pulled it out. We're lucky we actually got it out of the water, it was more a submarine than a kayak. I left it in "hidden view" of the road. If you're looking towards the river coming down the canyon you'll see it if its yours.

Wait... I do remember one telling identifier of the boat. It had a cork in the drain plug. Neither myself or my crew could get it out....
jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #6
dq
 
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 86
samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
I think it was a Samurai. I seem to remember that name in black lettering when I pulled it out. We're lucky we actually got it out of the water, it was more a submarine than a kayak. I left it in "hidden view" of the road. If you're looking towards the river coming down the canyon you'll see it if its yours.

Wait... I do remember one telling identifier of the boat. It had a cork in the drain plug. Neither myself or my crew could get it out....
if it is a Samurai then no wonder they just left it there!
dq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #7
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 84
Second that !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dq View Post
if it is a Samurai then no wonder they just left it there!
Bobby Whitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found: paddle on Poudre, filter plant jrutkows Lost & Found 2 08-10-2007 04:57 PM
Found Paddle on Filter Plant Geezer Lost & Found 2 06-12-2006 02:15 PM
Found Paddle--Filter Plant hkydef Lost & Found 3 06-09-2006 07:52 AM
FOUND: Werner Paddle on the Filter Plant; Poudre ski_kayak365 Lost & Found 3 07-13-2005 08:57 AM
Filter Plant kandsandb Whitewater Kayaking 3 05-07-2005 07:21 AM

» Classified Ads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.