lodore-lost didgeridoo - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-05-2016   #1

gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
lodore-lost didgeridoo

lost didgeridoo on 5/31 in lodore canyon. lost approximately in disaster falls.

coachtuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2016   #2

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
An instrument designed to make a sound anyone can hear from miles away was lost in a remote area shakily being shared by a large number of people ?

Natures Flyswatter.
ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016   #3

Hard pack, Utah
Paddling Since: 01
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post
An instrument designed to make a sound anyone can hear from miles away was lost in a remote area shakily being shared by a large number of people ?

Natures Flyswatter.
That's good stuff
NWO Whiewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Better than a rock falling from the canyon and onto your boat! Andy H once told me a story of that happening in westwater. Consider your loss a gain.
k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016   #5

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2andcannoli View Post
Better than a rock falling from the canyon and onto your boat! Andy H once told me a story of that happening in westwater. Consider your loss a gain.
And the rock fell shortly after my friend in the boat ahead of me started playing his didgeridoo! One of the rocks about the size of a washing machine landed in the river about 50 feet ahead of his bow. Wow, that was a close one!

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016   #6

gunnison, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDave View Post

Natures Flyswatter.
colorado dave "you are obviously not a golfer."
coachtuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Westwter must not like didgeridoos. A friend of a friend I ran it with a couple times could mimic a,didgeridoo vocally to near perfection..,He was doing it at Little Hole camp (hike up from river) and the next day swam from Funnel or Big Hummer all the way to the eddy above Skull where he got a foot entrapment.He took off way in front of myself and another friend ,in a rental ducky and got spanked then had a shit show /yard sale ,trying admirably to hang with the boat for quite a ways then finally swimming hard for the aforementioned eddy.We tried to chase him down and help but he was so far ahead and we were trying not to swim ourselves.Could get to him easily to help with foot entrapment but he wouldn't wrench his foot out.We were the last group of the day 11 or13 k,but some group out of Crested Butte had stopped to camp and one of their Cats was not tied off well enough and took off on them,so they had to chase it down and came upon our sorry situation.They help him get out,by the exact method we told him long before,and gave him a ride out since his boat was long gone.They recovered most of his gear and boat in various eddies before the takeout.
He was lucky it was apx95 % out ,he was in the water quite awhile.
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016   #8

So...... I will give it to you straight. A friend of mine was on that trip. Half way thru day one the group made the decision that they had enough of your noise maker. He said they tried to talk to you about it but you insisted people liked it.
They threw it in the river ...... The world is a better place. Get a haircut, take a bath, and buy a guitar.
nemi west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016   #9

page, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2014
i was on a buckskin gulch to lees ferry backpacking trip, we were camping at the confluence with the paria and some jackwagon decided he was going to play one of those fart bongs at night..... i'm with nemi, buy a guitar or learn to play the bongos....
azpowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016   #10
Abron Cabron

Santa Fe, Nuevo Mexico
Paddling Since: 1999
....This is pure mountainbuzz gold right here.
And not even an offer of good vibes as a reward? what gives, man ?!?
abron is offline   Reply With Quote