Help--yard sale on Gore Creek - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-21-2008   #1

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Help--yard sale on Gore Creek

Hey Guys,
My friend lost her Pyranha S6(red and orange) and a Seven 2 paddle below the treatment plant on lower Gore Creek this past Wednesday. High water so I'm sure they could very well be down valley now, but she had her name (Kathy Shaw) and number on both so I would have thought she would have heard by now. Please keep eyes and ears out! You can contact me too if you find them! Just want to get her back out soon--thanks!
Kim

KimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2008   #2

Yea that section is kickn rt now.
thogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimW View Post
Hey Guys,
My friend lost her Pyranha S6(red and orange) and a Seven 2 paddle below the treatment plant on lower Gore Creek this past Wednesday. High water so I'm sure they could very well be down valley now, but she had her name (Kathy Shaw) and number on both so I would have thought she would have heard by now. Please keep eyes and ears out! You can contact me too if you find them! Just want to get her back out soon--thanks!
Kim
There's a small chance I might know where it's pinned - underwater for now. Call 331-6993 and I'll tell you what I know.
tshollenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008   #4

Vail, Colorado
I will call you Sunday
Old 07-02-2008   #5

Bump. Any signs of Kathy's stuff.
fishbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008   #6

Vail, Colorado
Where did it go?

Okay, guys.
So a boat (I was thinking it was hers) has been pinned for weeks now right by the Avon water treatment plant. I was waiting for the water to drop to get it. Anyhoo, a couple of days ago I walked by it on the bike path with a friend and it was there but there was some of that "Do not cross" yellow tape on the shore by it. I didn't really think much of it but since the Eagle dropped I went to look at it again and it is gone. It was really pinned on there so someone must have gotten it. Anyone?
Old 07-05-2008   #7

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Hey Kim, you might want to give the EC Sheriff's Office a call and see if it got pulled out durring one of their many rescues this last week..
stumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #8

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimW View Post
Okay, guys.
So a boat (I was thinking it was hers) has been pinned for weeks now right by the Avon water treatment plant. I was waiting for the water to drop to get it. Anyhoo, a couple of days ago I walked by it on the bike path with a friend and it was there but there was some of that "Do not cross" yellow tape on the shore by it. I didn't really think much of it but since the Eagle dropped I went to look at it again and it is gone. It was really pinned on there so someone must have gotten it. Anyone?
We saw that boat yesterday, 7.4.08...didn't look like it was moving anytime soon. It is in the middle of the river, just past the metal stairs heading down to the river.
Becca10380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008   #9

saw a red and orange yak a ways below that drop yesterday. it was pinned in the middle of the river i think before you get to the gold course.
thogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008   #10

Vail, Colorado
Yep, that's it.

Hey Tom,
That's the one. . .did the Edwards Mile today and saw that it had moved. Bummer--right in the freekin' middle of the river. Plan on working on it in the next day or two, but if any of you see it floating by pick it up for us!!! Good karma and beer for all! Thanks! Kim