DOG HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!! Formerly.... LOST DOG FORT COLLINS CO - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Lost & Found

Old 4 Days Ago   #1

, CO/UT
Paddling Since: 2000
DOG HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!! Formerly.... LOST DOG FORT COLLINS CO

(Note from the mods: The dog is found. Personal details removed)

! LOST DOG ALERT ! If any of y'all know a fellow Buzzard or have friends in the Fort Collins Old Town or Larimer/Weld County area, please ask them to help me cast a wider net. My best friend went missing today at 11 am.

LOST DOG:
Male Red Heeler/Border Collie Mix, 60lbs, white coat with reddish brown spots (distinctive eye, ears and rump patches of darker red-brown) and curved white tail; very friendly, 12 year old, named Zappa. Missing since 11 AM 12/26 from Old Town Fort Collins.
call or text @

He's got the river chops to merit posting on this board, and he'll show you the best wave-biting bow-sprit dog form if you help actuate a recovery. Serious good juju to you all, and cash reward, for help here.

Tower Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Days Ago   #2

p.c., confused
Paddling Since: 1978
Don't give up! Stay positive and get flyers posted everywhere. The post office,( they might not allow inside) grocery stores, gas stations,on telephone poles everywhere you can think of even the local radio lost and found, more people looking is the only way. Good luck. I am sending my own thoughts for a reuniting of you and your dog!
rivh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #3

FOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 91
Hey man I live in downtown Fortcollins send me a photo and I will post it and spread the word, I hang out in a pretty big dog circle
Critter70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Days Ago   #4

, CO/UT
For every scammer response, and there have been a number, there are 10X the number of good folks like you all here. Thank you for helping me to cast a broader net.

Good thoughts, good words, good actions.

Keep the magic alive! We all are going to get our boy home to get back on the river with me next month. IKs (and people in IKs) are great dog beds too, y'know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7745.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	41327  
Old 3 Days Ago   #5

FOCO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 91
Iím the one that just texted you, put up on my Facebook and sent to friends. Hope this helps, dogs are the best people ever.
Critter70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #6

, CO/UT
Dog has returned. Thank you all for your help. I think Rivh2O has earned some proffered bevvies and should probably take my new mini-oar rig out on the Poudre this spring.

Bless all of your hearts! Thanks mods for pulling personal info.
Old 3 Days Ago   #7

p.c., confused
Paddling Since: 1978
Great News! Hippity Ho!
rivh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #8

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
So glad of the positive outcome! This is a community of good will and support.
Old 1 Day Ago   #9

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
I'm glad your river buddy made it back home. I have a lab and boxer myself, understand how attached we become to them. One day this white fluffy cat, with a red collar showed up at our back door, so we let it into the house, we feed it a can of tuna, than it went upstairs and fell a sleep on the bed. Around 4:00 it would want out. This routine went on for about 6 weeks, we even bought cat food for our new guest. Than it just quite showing up. About 3 weeks later my daughter and I were riding bikes and seen this same cat sitting in a window sill on the inside of this house. We went up to the door and knocked to let the owners know how their cat was a visitor for about 6 weeks and to see if they wanted the leftover cat we had. A lady answered the door and we explained the situation, she look at us and said it wasn't their cat eather, she just showed up about 3 weeks ago, but she will take the cat food.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago   #10

Westminster, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Good story...