boat leash - palisade riverbend park - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-18-2010   #1
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
boat leash - palisade riverbend park

i was in palisade boating this weekend and after searching and searching apparently did not come back with my black NRS boat leash. its about two feet long, black, stretch webbing, a silver metal loop on one end and a silver carabiner on the other. as best i can guess it fell out of my boat as i was getting out of the river at the boat ramp. i think its likely in the river, and as flows drop it might make an appearance. i know its a long shot but if you happen across it give me a holler. i will make it worth your while to hold on to it til i can get it! thanks a bunch!

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
boat leash?
Old 08-18-2010   #3

Golden, Colorado
The thing you put on your rescue vest's belt. For getting a loose boat under control after your buddy swims.

I'm tempted to give him mine, but I guess I'll hold onto it. The water that is mellow enough for me to not be too scared to use that thing is mellow enough for me to bulldog that loose boat to shore without a leash. I think they are death traps, but mine was an expensive death trap so I guess I'll keep it.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2010   #4
gh

pnw, Colorado
Rescue harness tether, ok, I know what that is.
Old 08-18-2010   #5
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
i leave mine clipped to the back of my boat, out of the way when I run anything with some whitewater. when i booze crooze, like i was doing saturday, i clip it around my life jacket at the shoulder, and the other end to my boat, and then i can just float down the river via life vest and not get separated from my banana boat. i had just hauled my ass back out of the water a scant few minutes before taking out and had not re-attached it. then as i shouldered my boat i can only figure it tumbled out into the shin deep water. i rooted around for a few but couldnt come up with up........thanks again fo any help
Old 08-19-2010   #6

Golden, Colorado
Hey Yeti,
You can have mine. My gear pile is like a mountain in my garage anyways, and I'll probably not get around to using my tether. I need the 'biner cause I lose those every time I set one down on the ground during a rescue or boat retrieval and I never have enough of those things but I can give you the tether.

PM your address to me and I'll mail it out, assuming I can find it under that pile in the garage
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark