Will my skirt stretch too much? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-02-2014   #1

Rexburg, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2007
Will my skirt stretch too much?

I bought an IR Lucky Charm skirt with a large cockpit for my Mamba 8.6 a few weeks ago. Looking at the skirt guide it seemed like I would be okay going with a large since I wanted a drier fit, but after using it a few days on the river I'm thinking it's too tight. I can get it on the boat with some effort, but I'm worried about it wearing out quickly since it is stretched so far while on my boat. I found a deal on the same skirt with an XL rim, and ordered that, but it won't be here until next week. That wouldn't be a problem, except that there's a dam release this weekend I want to hit up. I would have to use the large rim skirt I have now. I have no use for two skirts, so I want to sell the large rim one, but I don't want to keep using it since I may stretch it too much.

My question is; if I use the large rim skirt on 2 more day trips, do you think it will stretch too much that it will be ineffective on a large cockpit boat, or, since it is a rand skirt, it will remain tight and be just fine? I wouldn't mind except that I want to sell it and don't want to screw someone over if they get a skirt that is too stretched out. From the dozen or so hours its been on my boat it's still very tight. Anyway, your thoughts would be appreciated.

Lando_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014   #2
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Probably fine, but if it were me I'd borrow an extra skirt off someone. Dam release - got to be someone who'll have a spare.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #3
swimming

behind your mom, Colorado
I have the same skirt, wish mine was tighter so it would actually keep my legs dry…
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014   #4

Rexburg, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdoctor View Post
I have the same skirt, wish mine was tighter so it would actually keep my legs dry…
What boat are you using? The guys at IR said 9 out of 10 times you'll want an XL for the Mamba, but if yours is too loose I may want to just keep the large.
Old 04-02-2014   #5
swimming

Stomper 90. Also recommends the XL. rated "driest skirt" on the stomper by CKS review also….
Old 04-02-2014   #6

Rexburg, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdoctor View Post
Stomper 90. Also recommends the XL. rated "driest skirt" on the stomper by CKS review also….
Hmm that's weird. The Mamba's deck is 2 inches smaller in circumference than the Stomper's, too. I'm borrowing my buddy's skirt for the weekend, it's an XL Lucky Charm as well so I'll see how it fits. Thanks for your input man! Maybe I'll pass along the large skirt to you if you're interested? We'll see how this weekend goes.
Old 04-02-2014   #7
swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando_Commando View Post
Hmm that's weird. The Mamba's deck is 2 inches smaller in circumference than the Stomper's, too. I'm borrowing my buddy's skirt for the weekend, it's an XL Lucky Charm as well so I'll see how it fits. Thanks for your input man! Maybe I'll pass along the large skirt to you if you're interested? We'll see how this weekend goes.
Let me know, If I can make it fit I'd be interested! I'll try to find one local to try.
Old 04-02-2014   #8

Rexburg, Idaho
Sounds good!
Old 04-02-2014   #9

Glen Vegas, Florida
Paddling Since: 92
You should be fine, I used the lrg on an xlrg cockpit for a year with out it becoming significantly easier to put on, I even used it on an XXL cockpit for a self support grand trip. Actually amazed by how solid that skirt is, finally bought an XL skirt because when your paddling hard ww with strangers and you ask for help with your skirt it doesn't look good.
Pizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #10

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
What do you mean it doesn't look good? I see chicks doing that all the time...
DoubleYouEss is offline   Reply With Quote