Wild Goose fittings - Off-set fittings - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-16-2013   #1

Yukon, Alabama
Wild Goose fittings - Off-set fittings

I'm trying to find some of the Wild Goose double rail fittings for my new raft build. I'd like 8 of them - but 4 to 6 would really help. Anyone out there got a few they are willing to sell? Very much appreciated.

On a related matter, in an attempt to get my modular double rail system to lay flat when centered on the tubes, I have considered doing a cross-over system. If the cross pipes were attached to the log side double rail pipe, this would allow the side rail pipes to fit very flush and I could run all the cross pipe to both the inner and outer double side rails. I've seen this design on a couple boat that created a very nice flat double rail/tube contact - but the Speed rail fittings have the set screws on the top and bottom of the fitting and I don't want a screw head side contacting the tubes. Any suggestions for a more appropriate fitting for a cross over would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

Yukon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2013   #2

Wondervu, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I am not familiar with the fitting you mention, however 'Hollaender Speed-Rail' makes many styles of fttings beside the ones commonly seen at the whitewater shops. Here is a link to a catalog....

Hollaender Aluminum Speed Rail Fittings

Would the #12 short barrel cross work for you?

Speed-Rail fittings are commonly used for industrial guard rails. Once I knew what I was looking for and could describe them using the manufactors name and number I was even able to get them at a local industrial supply house and avoid shipping cost.

The correct length set screw should be counter sunk just a bit, so I wouldn't worry about them in contact with the tubes.
kengore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #3

Yukon, Alabama
Kengore - thanks for responding. Don't want the raised area and all those hidden screws up against the rubber. Hoping to find a fitting better designed for the purpose - one that screws from he side on at least one end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013   #4

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
My speedrails only have set screws on one side.
Old 06-18-2013   #5

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Alexis (Wild Goose) stopped making and selling his frame parts last year I think. Too $$$ to make & sell is what he told me. Doubtful that anyone has any that they'd part with.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #6

Groveland, California
I have an updated version of the double rail fittings that will be available towards the end of summer.

FWIW, these fittings are my design. Alexis/Wild Goose "borrowed" the idea after seeing some pics I posted here on the Buzz....
HPMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #7

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMG View Post
I have an updated version of the double rail fittings that will be available towards the end of summer.

FWIW, these fittings are my design. Alexis/Wild Goose "borrowed" the idea after seeing some pics I posted here on the Buzz....
Cool. Let us know when they become available.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #8
swimming

Tacoma,Wa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1994
Hey Yukon 77 , did canyon have any of their billet 2 rail fittings left? They were actually more streamlined than the goose and lighter

I talked with tom and he bought 7 , 1 for an extra. I doubt one will help you but he said he may be able to let you borrow them for your trip if he isn't using his cat. Canyon was supposed to be having a production run of those ready around the end of July I thought.
orto11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #9

Yukon, Alabama
HPMG - that is good news. My summer in Alaska ends very quickly. I'm PM you for details. Many thanks for responding.

orto - Many thanks. I sent you a thank you PM. From my conversation, it did not appear they would be available anytime soon.

Ihowemt - I talking about an off-set crossover fitting. If you know of a Speed design that would keep a screw side off the tubes I would really appreciate knowing about them. I have found one such fitting of another brand that I am going to post about separately.
Old 06-18-2013   #10

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Yes mine are just t's, and I thought my offset crosses would clear, but they are buried so I can't see them. Wouldn't your cross rails sit up high with this plan? I wouldn't like that. I did one short speedrail connector between inner and outer rails. It's probably not needed although it does help support the polymax.