Why so many LL Braaaps for sale??? - Mountain Buzz

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1

Uniontown, Pennsylvania
Paddling Since: 2012
Why so many LL Braaaps for sale???

I have a Remix 79 and I've lost some weight, so it seems a little large for me now. I'm only an intermediate paddler; I stop at Class 3.

So, I've noticed the Braaap and it looks like a slightly smaller boat, a bit snappier... very interesting...

However, I've noticed that there seems to be quite a few of them for sale lately. Why? Is there something odd about them that folks are disappointed with? I haven't paddled one, and certainly would before buying, but is there a "pig-in-the-poke" here somewhere with the Braaaps?

JerryinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2

student
At 5'6 155, The braaap is the most fun boat I've paddled. I can't squirt it at all, but it surf, boofs, snaps into eddies, makes me pick new lines just to see if I can make it, and makes every run I do a rip. It's my go-to III-IV boat which is what I'm doing 80% of the time these days if I'm being honest with myself.

I could see one of the following for the sellers:
It's not a gnar boat unless you're ben marr.
It isn't a playboat either. The slicier boats like the axiom or ripper cover that better in this category.
It's displacement hull which is a personal preference thing.
it isn't huge so I could see people being too big for it if you're 185+lbs.

My .02
People selling them likely already have too many boats are probably convinced some waka/9r2/etc will make them better boaters. Grab one if you're in the market, it will make you smile.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
The above advice is good! The most fun I've had on my home run this season was in a loaner braaap and it was awesome. So fast and snappy, but if you let off the gas, it will humble you. I think people sell them when they realize you have to be in the drivers seat with them, but if you're willing to do that, they reward infinitely. I still stick with a bigger boat for extra storage space for overnight self supports, but if I had the space, a braaap or ripper would suit me just fine. Go find one and enjoy!
LLubchenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
It's displacement hull which is a personal preference thing.
I sold mine because I didn't like the displacement hull. Wanting to look at the ripper and axiom but my RPM is occupying that space right now.
Ninja_Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
You sound like the perfect candidate. I got a Ripper - similar idea - skinny, long fast, half slice boat. They're super fun boats that make easier water more fun.
KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I have been having a blast paddling a Braaap. Its fast, it surfs on waves pretty good, turns on a dime. Its just more fun than my creekboat in most situations and way more capable than a play boat. I like the displacement hull especially because it is skinny so it actually tracks decently. I paddle it up to the IV+/V- range as long as there is not a ton of mank or big holes that you need to float over. You do have to "drive" it though, its not for just floating down the river.
Claytonious is offline   Reply With Quote