Why I will Buy Another Jet Boil - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-18-2013   #1

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2007
Why I will Buy Another Jet Boil

I have an original Jetboil that I have had for about 3 years. On a MF trip this spring it took a dump on me. I contacted Jetboil and they sent me a new burner free of charge. I didn't even have to send in my broken one. I installed the new burner last night and she is back to 100% with many more years left in her. I don't expect it to last forever and when it does eventually die, I will be buying another Jetboil.

Props to Jetboil customer service.

Aroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013   #2

Boise, Idaho
Is this the part where we all go off on you for your ranting and raving about a company and its product?

Oh wait, wrong thread.
Anchorless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #3

Boise, Idaho
Can you believe they didn't overnight the parts? Standard mail took 4 to 5 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013   #4
CBsucks

Crested Butte, Colorado
I've had nothing but good experiences with jb
andybillmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #5

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I can't believe that they didn't send you a whole new stove, plus bonus cookware. You had to install the burner YOURSELF??? Good grief...........
Old 06-18-2013   #6
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
I am very happy with my JB, used it for backpacking originally. I've had it for over 9 years now. Still making my coffee every morning on the trips.
Old 06-18-2013   #7

Boise, Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
I am very happy with my JB, used it for backpacking originally. I've had it for over 9 years now. Still making my coffee every morning on the trips.
Wow you have had it for 9 years, that's incredible. In all honesty I did the damage to it myself. When self supporting I used to just throw it in the bow not in a dry bag. JB's and sand don't mix and I'm pretty confident that's what destroyed it.

I'll most likely back charge JB for the 4 min it took me to install it. How dare they not send out a technician to take care of that for me.

The good news is they saved me $80 as the replacement JB I bought will be returned to REI since it's been less than a year
Old 06-18-2013   #8
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Ya... maybe 8, not quite sure. I've been paddling since 2007 actively and backpacked for 4 years prior to it, so I bought it during my backpacking days.

I always clean it and dry it before putting it away. I also have the original box that I carry it in and it's always in the dry box in my boat.
Old 06-18-2013   #9

Boise, Idaho
I need to start taking better care of it. I have started putting it in a dry bag before I jam it in my bow. Cleaning it would be a good idea.

That sounds bad ha ha.
Old 06-18-2013   #10

Conejos Canyon & Houston, CO & TX
Paddling Since: 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroberts View Post
Wow you have had it for 9 years, that's incredible. In all honesty I did the damage to it myself. When self supporting I used to just throw it in the bow not in a dry bag. JB's and sand don't mix and I'm pretty confident that's what destroyed it.

I'll most likely back charge JB for the 4 min it took me to install it. How dare they not send out a technician to take care of that for me.

The good news is they saved me $80 as the replacement JB I bought will be returned to REI since it's been less than a year
so let me understand this - you complained after you broke it and they gave you a free replacement, and you also got a free rental from REI for a year?

not sure I would brag about that.

just imagine how much less expensive they would be if people took responsibility for their gear and didn't expect somebody to bail them out every time. everybody else pays more to subsidize this nonsense
crispy is offline   Reply With Quote