where to buy? - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-30-2016   #1

manitowoc, Wisconsin
Paddling Since: 2008
where to buy?

OK I am looking for a lg karma to buy new . A quick internet search shows me one for sale in the whole world ? So where do you guys buy your boats I am ok with buying one site on seen online and paying for shipping . It would be great if I could find one some where with in 300-500 miles of where I live I would gladly drive I live in Manitowoc Wi any help would be great .

oldworldlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016   #2

x, x
Paddling Since: x
You could contact Jackson and find the dealer list in your area. Then the local shop could order you one.

It looks like most dealers near you have the fishing kayaks, so they can get you one.

Also look for kayak shops and call around.

You could also order one from confluence kayak in Denver and have it shipped. Cks also has online ordering.

What is your height weight and ability level?

We could help you size one based on that, if your not sure on sizes
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016   #3

Duluth, Minnesota
Paddling Since: 2007
Midwest mountaineering in Minneapolis.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Mountain Buzz mobile app
BrianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2016   #4

manitowoc, Wisconsin
I'm 6' and 265 lbs I mostly on class 3 that is all that's around here wolf,peshtigo, menominee,paint . right now I am taking a wilderness aspire 105 down these rivers which that boat is not at all made for(with it's 5 foot cockpit and 6 foot skirt) but it's the only boat for sale in the greater area that was my weight class. I have been asking around here and other places for 6-8 months now and overwhelming response has been for me to get a karma . as I am looking to move on from the class 2-3 rivers around here and start doing the falls in the area as there are more class 4-5 falls here then rivers with good rapids in my opinion .
Old 01-31-2016   #5

Sumas, Chilliwack, BC
Paddling Since: 2012
Have one shipped from aquabatics in Calgary AB, western canoe and kayak in Abbotsford BC or Trailhead Paddleshack in Ottawa Ont. US$ buys a lot up here right now. I know Western has one, I was just looking at it Friday. No harm in contacting about shipping rates, I know Western Canoe&kayak/Clipper canoes ships to US regularly. For me to get US$ it is $1.45 CAD. Going the other way should be good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Dman987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016   #6

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 4Eva
We've got a LG in Lime in stock and ready to ship!
https://www.riversports.com/rs/produ...tewater-creeks
4CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016   #7

manitowoc, Wisconsin
thanks for all the info

thanks I now I have 4-5 options to pick from. I have one more ? is there any difference between the karma's 2015 model or the 2016 model ?
Old 02-03-2016   #8

Sumas, Chilliwack, BC
In 2015 they switched the tunnel to being 3M glued down instead of the normal welded tunnel of 2012/13/14.
Might have switched in '14. My 2015 Zen has it and no issues with many river days on it. I think they changed the drain hole location on the MD? since the first years. I am 6' and 240, paddle the Zen L. Just so you know 265 is probably too much for it. The Large Karma should be ideal for ya. I only mention this because I liked the Zen better than the Karma for river running up to class 4.

Old 02-03-2016   #9

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
Have you paddled the Karma? I am short and fat and prefer the Zen to the Karma. The karma is a lot of boat to pull into an eddy. I would suggest you paddle both the Zen and the Karma before you buy one. I am 5'8 and overweight so I don't have trouble fitting my legs into a boat, that may be one of your most serious issues in choosing the Karma. I am 265 and the Large Zen and the Zen 75 were nice for my size.

Stay local and support the guy closest to where you live or paddle. Saving $50 bucks on a boat doesn't make sense if your local paddle shop goes out of business because everyone is buying their gear on Amazon.
twmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016   #10

Sumas, Chilliwack, BC
where to buy?

If Oldworldlife is going to step up his game to class 4 and huck some falls, at 265 the karma L will resurface a million times better than either of the Zen's. It will turn faster as well. At 265 the waterline in the Zen's will be so low that turning will be even more sluggish compared to the Zen. I have had extended use of the Zen L &75, Karma MD & L and if I was 265 I would be paddling a Karma L without a doubt. I feel like I am pushing the waterline limit myself at 240 in my Zen L. If I was 265 I also would probably still have my MonStar which was also huge....TWMarten does bring up a good point, try as many versions of boats as possible. The dagger mamba 8.6 also floats a lot of weight but I found the jackson boats easier to roll.