Mountain Buzz banner

when did aire cats go from cones to curves?

Tags
aire
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  fiya79 
#1 ·
I have been looking for answers for a couple hours. If memory serves very old aire cats hav a more conical shape like JPW stuff. Then they went to a more curved look. About 2 years ago they added even more rise and rocker. I have an ocelot right in the middle. I am looking at a jag from 1997 but can't find any images of that model year. is it the super old school or the middle school design?

I have been doing solo MFS trips in my 14' ocelot and want to add a passenger this year and want to go to 16' for the extra tube diameter flotation. But I will likely re-sell them right afterward so I don't want the super old ones that no one will buy.

The seller does not have the ability to send pics and is 3 hours away.

#3 ·
tube diameter and length would also tell you. I think the old school ocelots were like 18" tubes and 16' long. Or you could just ask does the end of the tube look like an old school conical madonna bra or does it look smooth like a bare boobie ...

#4 ·
"Does your boat look more like real boobies or Madonna boobies?"

I can't get a phone answer at the moment and he doesn't email. I just needed to know if I started prepping the wife for a purchase or not. It appears I should.

It is a 97 so I feel safe. I thought the cones were older, like madonna.

#7 ·
Hey all,
I thought I would chime in with a little info on the Jag. There are few 1994 Jag tube running around with the old mitered joints. The Jag was officially introduced in our catalogs in 1995 and was built with the continuous curve. From 1995 to 2007 the overall Jag design did not really change much. In 1997 we improved the AIREcell bulkheads. In 2007 we increased the bow and stern rise and gave it chafe strips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.