Mountain Buzz banner

Video Cameras

Tags
camera
2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  cataraftgirl 
#1 ·
Just wondering, we are looking into the GoPro (GoPro Official Website: The World's Most Versatile Camera) camera (perhaps a couple) to use while we are rafting.

Anyone have any experience with these? or any recommendations for other cameras?

These seem to be the 'right' price. Compact, super durable and shoot great video. I'd like some feedback so that I can make an informed decision.

thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Gopro's are good, I have one and enjoy using it and learning and the little editing tricks....but everyone has an opinion:

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f17/anyone-else-sick-of-go-pros-34615.html

another option if you want a waterproof camera that can mount would be the contour:

Contour | GPS Video Camera and HD Helmet Camera

however, if you want a waterproof camera to both take pictures and record quality video you should look at the Panasonic TS1. Here is a long thread with lots of opinions on a variety of waterproof cameras:

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f15/waterproof-cameras-29398.html

hope that helps.

#5 ·
I bought the gopro HERO2 and couldn't be more pleased, took a bit to get the SD card programmed correctly (I'd that it needed to be formatted as FAT32 but that didn't work) so, I programmed it with my Mac and the msdos fat formatting which coincidentally, the gopro website said didn't work and that was actually what worked... Go figure. I looked into the ts4 it's not available yet, but I do like the features, I may pick it up as it seems like a great point and shoot camera, which is not what I was looking for. Looks like a very durable and hardcore camera. May be worth getting for those times that my wife is on the front of the raft and we want to snap some awesome shots but we are going through some class V++ rapids!! Should be fun. I will post a longer in depth review of the go pro when I get some more play time with it, thus far, I have used it to film inside my saltwater tank and take some pretty cool video with it. I just need to get some more accessories for it to play with... I will post some links to videos and whatnot later. Thanks again for the feedback and recommendations.

#6 ·
Another option for an inexpensive, waterproof video camera that shoots 1080 HD is the Kodak Playsport. It's bigger & heavier than the GoPro and doesn't have the fancy mounts, but I've had good luck with it. I do want to get a Go Pro to mount on a helmet, but I'll keep the Playsport for boat mounted video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.