riverrunr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012   #2

Coos Bay, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrunr77
There was a good thread going on streamtech over there , one of the members said it was the best raft frame he had ever seen, someone else disagreed and said the guy didnt get out much , go to medford and look at aluminum frames and poof ! the thread was erased. Sniveling Derick the monkey boy for streamtech didnt like someone having an opinion .

I heard from numerous people the owner of streamtech link was scratching on fabric at the portland show with a pocket knife to show how much better his boat fabric was. " Great if I planned on attacking my inflatable with a pocket knife LMAO!"

Funny thing was he didnt even have the same fabric his boats were made of . Believe the hype people , follow the sheep

So this editing seems to be prevelant , KUDOS to the owner of this site for allowing the freedom of speech and opinion!!

OK, if what you are saying is true, tell me what fabric I did have at the shows? Tell me everything about StreamTech Boats and exactly how I build them since you seem to know more than the guy that builds them? It is just fine to have an opinion but it is not fine to slander. I have no idea what your beef with StreamTech is but I would appreciate it if you could keep your comments to facts. Backstabbing slander comments do no good for anyone and, in my humble opinion, they make you look like an idiot.
Old 02-19-2012   #3

Coos Bay, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link J
OK, if what you are saying is true, tell me what fabric I did have at the shows? Tell me everything about StreamTech Boats and exactly how I build them since you seem to know more than the guy that builds them? It is just fine to have an opinion but it is not fine to slander. I have no idea what your beef with StreamTech is but I would appreciate it if you could keep your comments to facts. Backstabbing slander comments do no good for anyone and, in my humble opinion, they make you look like an idiot.

I have no beef at all, i had heard from rafting buddies that made it to the show you were doing a fabric demonstration by scraping on it with a pocket knife (Is this not true?)

I also clearly have an opinion about the boat design. Jacks Plastic has had that kick on their rafts for a long time, cambridge has built frames 10 years old that are like your raft frame. You are just an assembler of parts, you build nothing. (This is another fact). You have a galvanized frame on a 7000.00 boat ( another fact). My opinion is you can buy a much nicer raft like one of the sotars I run with an aluminum frame for around the same $ they are much nicer ( my opinion). Confused?

You don't need to threaten me by private message we can do this right here in front of the buzzards! I have nothing but an opinion this is america!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012   #4

Coos Bay, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrunr77
I have no beef at all, i had heard from rafting buddies that made it to the show you were doing a fabric demonstration by scraping on it with a pocket knife (Is this not true?)

I also clearly have an opinion about the boat design. Jacks Plastic has had that kick on their rafts for a long time, cambridge has built frames 10 years old that are like your raft frame. You are just an assembler of parts, you build nothing. (This is another fact). You have a galvanized frame on a 7000.00 boat ( another fact). My opinion is you can buy a much nicer raft like one of the sotars I run with an aluminum frame for around the same $ they are much nicer ( my opinion). Confused?

Clearly you have absolutely no idea how StreamTech boats are designed, what engineering went into the design or much of anything about how I build them or anything much about them at all. You just like to spout off and act like you are some sort of boat genius feeling real tough behind your keyboard. You might consider checking facts before you slander various manufacturers. Like I said before, honest and educated opinion is one thing and gutter slander is another.
Old 02-19-2012   #5

Coos Bay, Oregon
So please continue I dont see how stating fact and having an opinion is slander? straighten us all out here
Old 02-19-2012   #6
Boy Howdy!

Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
gotta say this guy is about the 3rd or 4th owner of a company who has come on to this site to defend his product, kudos to him for doing it(and to the others). He has what some (Dave Scadden) doesn't, beliving in his product and will defend it on this site where we all can say what we want to and not be in fear of being booted, only ridiculed and cajoled for being a jerk.
BTW, I run an Aire 156R and built my frame so I am not in anyway sticking up for anyone. I just like to see company owners defend their products.
Old 02-19-2012   #7

Coos Bay, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinemnky13 View Post
gotta say this guy is about the 3rd or 4th owner of a company who has come on to this site to defend his product, kudos to him for doing it(and to the others). He has what some (Dave Scadden) doesn't, beliving in his product and will defend it on this site where we all can say what we want to and not be in fear of being booted, only ridiculed and cajoled for being a jerk.
BTW, I run an Aire 156R and built my frame so I am not in anyway sticking up for anyone. I just like to see company owners defend their products.
Exactly, great lets hear it. He called me an idiot and sent me a private message telling me to watch myself?
So I am waiting to hear from him what I have lied to people about and if I am so un-educated about boat construction SET ME STRAIGHT ! .

We will have a good ole american debate
Old 02-19-2012   #8

Coos Bay, Oregon
Well there ya go

Link J
Guy, I am not going to participate in your game. I will tell you this, if you continue to slander my products and publish lies about them and/or my marketing I will not just post back I will exercise my right to sue you for it.

Well I guess thats all he has to say on the buzz! He will PM me with threats over having an opinion. I guess this is Mr. Streamtech in a nutshell
It was no game I openly invited you to have a conversation in public.
Old 02-19-2012   #9

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
I gotta jump in here. Normally I'm the first to bash a crappy boat or product, so my opinion at least counts for something.

If I go to the streamtech page, it clearly says that they are not taking credit for the building of the boat. I see Maravia and their benefits clearly spelled out. Even the streamtech boats themselves still have the Maravia logo. Thanks for keeping it local and american made (although I'd have a hard time beliveing you could find as durable boat made elsewhere).

If I'm at a trade show and someone is using a pocket knife to show how good a Maravia boat is fine. I've got a Maravia cat, I let every rookie in the world learn how to row on it and it still looks great. No problems there.

the frame itself not so clear what the benefits are other than its easily assembleable. Is it steel? Is it aluminum? is it designed by streamtech and made by someone else or somewhere else? there is some room for worthwhile discussion on this point. Is it practical for its intended purpose? I'm amazed at what some people shell out for a fishing frame compared to what I'd spend for a rafting frame. I'm not a fisherman so WTFDIK?

His pricing is clearly listed on his page. If you don't want to spend that much and want to assemble your own, you got a calculator and links to other manufacturers so price your own boat and build your own setup. No deception there.

So I don't think this really belongs in the same class of discussion as someone who

imports a boat from china that is clearly a piece of shit,
packages it with a frame that is going to break on the first ohshit moment on the river,
and then makes rediculous claims about how great of a boat it is and why you should pay a premium for it.

Not saying anyone does this just saying it doesn't sound like Streamtech is that company ...
Old 02-20-2012   #10

Coos Bay, Oregon
The thing is no one ever mentioned crappy boat???? I am saying working a trade show and scratching on pvc with a knife to make crumbs and telling people thats why my boat is better is just goofy. Basically scaring everybody away from a pvc boat is not really a sales tactic, i am sure it works on your average fisherman.

The only other thing i was saying is maravia builds the raft, cambridge builds the galvanized emt frame and the dryboxes. So basically he just takes money he didnt build anything. Thats fine thats business, but dont take the pride of the workers by saying i build this when actually they could build the exact thing with out him.

For example riverwolf driftboats, the owner is out there cutting, welding, fitting. If he gets run over there are no more boats being made. Thats " I build this "

And some of the website refrences" they go where no other boats can go" we all know better than that. I am sure they are great BUT thinking your raft is the only one that handles like that or the only one that can go here or there is just, well ridiculous