Stansport DiamondPlate 215 Tuff 4 Burner Stove - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-05-2009   #1

Groveland, California
Stansport DiamondPlate 215 Tuff 4 Burner Stove

I came across this while looking up info on the Stansport Outfitter 50k/btu stove.

Diamond Plate Tuff-Stove Product Details - StanSport

It won't be available for sale until the end of the month, but already a few places are listing it for under $140.

Looks like a pretty close copy of a Partner, but don't miss the fact that it is a powder coated STEEL stove....shipping weight is 34 pounds! For the non weight concious that might not be an issue though......

HPMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2009   #2

Gardnerville, Nevada
Paddling Since: 00
Hmm..... double the weight or half the $$
thanks for posting HP - it's always nice to have options
(which is the 50k btu stove? )
oarframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009   #3

Groveland, California
It's a more conventional two burner Coleman-type stove, but each burner puts out 25kbtu (instead of standard 10-12kbtu.) WadeInTheWater gave it a great review in his "What I learned on the Grand" thread.

$69 and free shipping from Amazon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2009   #4

Gardnerville, Nevada
Ok, i was hoping for some serious blaster btu action,but 25k burners are pretty good, and the price is not bad.
you ever get over on the east side look me up, spent a lot of time goin thru grovelland on the way to ynp
Old 11-05-2009   #5

Groveland, California
Woodland Power makes a 5-65k single burner stainless stove, folds up into a little bag....neat setup. Around $140.

Sounds good. I drove to Minden in the spring to pick up a canoe. Took a detour down to hangmans bridge to peek at the East Fork Carson, beautiful country you have over there. Looking forward to taking the raft up there this spring. Maybe I could hit you up with some questions about the run as spring gets closer?
Old 11-05-2009   #6

Gardnerville, Nevada
Certainly, the EFC gets going right around Mothers day in May, usually only lasts a few weeks. It makes for a nice fast day run or you can overnite at one of several hotsprings.
Old 11-21-2009   #7
btt

check your parts availability

im impressed by the looks of both stoves,but keep in mind,you usually cant get a replacement regulator(easily clogged w/sand,dirt,food grease,etc,in the real world,if you dont treat it right),with a metric fitting,for any of these china specials.....let alone even smaller basic parts,like burner heads,jets,etc.
btt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #8

thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1969
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMG View Post
I came across this while looking up info on the Stansport Outfitter 50k/btu stove.

Diamond Plate Tuff-Stove Product Details - StanSport

It won't be available for sale until the end of the month, but already a few places are listing it for under $140.

Looks like a pretty close copy of a Partner, but don't miss the fact that it is a powder coated STEEL stove....shipping weight is 34 pounds! For the non weight concious that might not be an issue though......
Anyone use one of these stoves. I found two new ones at a yard sale for 65$ each.
raymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #9

Jenks, Oklahoma
Man, talk about an exact copy of Partner Steel, are these things made in China?
okieboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #10
btt

okie---all stansport gear is made in china.,or worse factories.my answer from 18 mon ago is still valid---before you purchase,TWO QUESTIONS--(1)just try to find replacement parts,like a regulator hose with those metric fittings,burner heads,jets,etc,or (2)to be able to field-strip/clean this unit like a true Partner stove.good luck on these boat anchors/future landfill material........
btt is offline   Reply With Quote