Sit on it ! - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-19-2016   #1

manitowoc, Wisconsin
Paddling Since: 2008
Sit on it !

What do you use to sit on around the camp fire on a whitewater multi-day trip ?

oldworldlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2016   #2

Lincoln, Nebraska
Paddling Since: 2014
Either a paco pad or crazy creek.
Spencer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016   #3
Misspellingintothefuture!

Tabernash, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Regular folding camp chair, even in my 11' boat I bring one, along with my Paco pad, I scale down on other gear, but give these two items priority. Places like target, Wallmart, and the like sell them pretty cheap.
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2016   #4

Jackson, Wyoming
A little different option we are trying. Comfy in the living room, flat/just a couple inches thick when is storage mode (seem like they will fit very nicely in the drop bag). in 9 days they get a 21 day test, will report how they combine with a variety of cocktails.

wyosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016   #5

Fruita, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2014
we used those in Honduras for a couple of years (when we were living down there with the Peace Corps), and they held up fine...make sure, however, that you reinforce the fabric attachment to the back. I would add a couple of extra HD staples, or even better, staples and glue...

-Thomas
Grand Junction, CO
T.O.Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016   #6

Jackson, Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Mac View Post
we used those in Honduras for a couple of years (when we were living down there with the Peace Corps), and they held up fine...make sure, however, that you reinforce the fabric attachment to the back. I would add a couple of extra HD staples, or even better, staples and glue...

-Thomas
Grand Junction, CO
Thanks for the tip! Think I reinforce before we even use them.
wyosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016   #7

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
My DRE captain's seat.
daairguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016   #8

Cave Creek, Arizona
I have a chair similar to the one pictured above, made here locally. I really like it because it doesn't cause pressure under my thighs like most camp chairs do. I also like the angle of the chair for comfort.

The main downsides are it is a little harder to get in and out of (you can tip the chair back if your not being careful, and it is lower to the ground than most chairs), and it takes up a little more space on the boat.

I have had mine in Deso and on the Salt so far and I take it to my nephews sports games and any other outdoor event like concerts.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
InflatableSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016   #9

manitowoc, Wisconsin
Paddling Since: 2008
Anyone have anything smaller like a helix or something that would fit in a stow bag ? I bring a pocket chair for a table to cook off of it only cost a $1 a dollar store.Amazon.com : Big Agnes - Camp Chair -Meadow Green : Sports & Outdoors I was thinking of trying this it has to fit in the back of a karma.
oldworldlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016   #10

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldworldlife View Post
Anyone have anything smaller like a helix or something that would fit in a stow bag ? I bring a pocket chair for a table to cook off of it only cost a $1 a dollar store.Amazon.com : Big Agnes - Camp Chair -Meadow Green : Sports & Outdoors I was thinking of trying this it has to fit in the back of a karma.
I have this one:

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/De...ronecoyotetanx

Super small and I do keep it in my kayak along with all of my other gear on multi-days. That way I can use it for the beach in the morning and not have pack it up and give to a gear boat. They can be a little tricky on super rocky terrain to get stable, but other than that it is slick. If it is going to be your primary chair I would go sit in one to make sure you like it.
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote