Sell Party Braaap and RPM to buy new Rewind? - Mountain Buzz

Old 5 Days Ago   #1

Revelstoke, BC
Paddling Since: 2014
Sell Party Braaap and RPM to buy new Rewind?

Is the Dagger Rewind that good? Thinking of selling a few boats to replace with a new Rewind. I've had a Braaap for four years now, first a standard braaap then traded it for a Party Braaap. I have learned a lot in it but I just really wish it came in a smaller size as I'm on the lighter end of its weight range and can't really throw it around like a bigger stronger person. I like that the Rewind is coming out with a small version.
So the question is would you sell three boats to buy a new rewind? I feel like it will easily replace my PB, RPM and Necky Chronic.

KerryP is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #2

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Every review of it I've seen has been raving about it...but its mostly team members and people affiliated with Dagger...so who knows how honest that is. They are certainly hitting Social Media hard with the marketing.

Rewind looks to have more bow volume and a semi-planning hull compared to the Braap. They have only done a final design on the Medium size right now, and the Small and Large will be out next spring last I heard. It looks quite fast and certainly capable of squirts and splats, but its hard to say if its as playful as the Party Braap. Its got a bunch of creek boat DNA in it, so it will probably take care of you in big water better. Looks like its great for tearing between eddies and catching fast waves.

I'd say it would probably replace most of what you use your RPM and Party Braap for, but its still a 9+ foot long "half slice" boat so in my estimation its not gonna replace the Chronic. If you are looking for a modern "full slice" maybe check out the Liquid Logic Homeslice or the Pyranha Jed (or...if you are EJ's size...maybe the Mixmaster).

I don't kayak much, but the Hype for the Rewind is really making me want to try one out. I'm a big guy, so I'll be waiting for the Large. I'm kinda interested in the Soul Waterman Funky Monkey too, despite it having a silly name. Better planing hull and a bit more length and but slicier. If I was a smaller guy, I'd probably have a Soul Waterman 303... a 10' long boat with an aggressive planning hull and slicy ends sounds like a ton of fun.
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #3

Revelstoke, BC
@Electric-Mayhem . Not really Looking for full slice, I was interested in the Homeslice when it came out but again was disappointed about the single size offering. I had someone offer me a Session a few months ago for $100 and I'm kicking myself for not grabbing it. I actually own a small Jed and love it, the Chronic doesn't get much use anymore. Yes, I have a lot of boats Its a problem lol. Another reason I'm thinking of selling three to buy one.
I'm waiting to see the specs on the small Rewind and some more independent reviews before I make up my mind. I think its going to be a little shorter than 9 feet? I'm hoping that there might be someone on here who doesn't work with Dagger that has tried it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5 Days Ago   #4

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Yeah... kinda wish they went full commit with the slicy boats. I guess its hard to justify when there are already a ton of those on the used market and whatever you make now will only be a slight update on that. I was mistaken when I said the Pyranha Jed... I meant Loki...which I believe comes in three sizes. I'll say I never really subscribed to the super short and fat playboat stuff...I'd much rather have some length and aggressive edges to shred up a wave i.e. more Corran/Riot/Draggorossi/Soul less EJ. Thats all personal preference though.

I get it...it would be nice to have one boat that you can do 90% of your boating in. Seems like the Rewind could be that boat. I'm like you though...waiting to try it out myself or see some more objective non-biased reviews. Hopefully someone chimes in.

I only kayak a few times a year, but I still have 5 kayaks in the storage shed to choose from (and 6 rafts and I'm picking up a Dory in a few days)...so I know your pain on being "boat heavy". I'm definitely going to be having an "inventory reduction sale" next spring.
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #5
addict

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Go for it. The rewind looks promising. Selling well worn boats, or gear, before failure is a proven way to save money in the long run.
tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #6

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
sell 'em!

wish we were closer, I'd buy your bbrraaappp!

Dagger outfitting alone is so worth it, and with all they learned from the phantom and the axiom, I can't imagine the rewind being bad. Enjoy your new future boat!
LLubchenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 43 Minutes Ago   #7

Revelstoke, BC
I think I'm going to do it, I hope they release to small specs soon. I think it will be perfect though at 135lbs. I'm assuming the weight range will be similar to the small Axiom which goes up to 150lbs.