Seat Post for Outcast 12' Cat - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-11-2013   #1

missoula, Montana
Seat Post for Outcast 12' Cat

Hi I just picked up a 12' outcast cataraft, used. The only thing is the rower seat is super low and the previous owner did not use the seatpost because he had a bad back...and doesnt know where it is. Anyone know of getting a seatpost?

pattyowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013   #2

East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
Are you looking for the cylinder with a square plate welded at each end- four screw holes in each plate? Bass pro sells them. You could likely get one from Outcast as well-
Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013   #3

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
I have an Outcast Cat. Not sure what you mean by seat post? On mine the seat mounts on rails that are integral to the frame. The seat slides on the rails for leg length adjustment. If you have the PAC 1200, it looks like the elevated seat on the post is for the front fisherman, and the lower seat on the adjustable rails is for the rower.
http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/...ult.aspx?id=17
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013   #4

missoula, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
I have an Outcast Cat. Not sure what you mean by seat post? On mine the seat mounts on rails that are integral to the frame. The seat slides on the rails for leg length adjustment. If you have the PAC 1200, it looks like the elevated seat on the post is for the front fisherman, and the lower seat on the adjustable rails is for the rower.
Inflatable fishing pontoon boats and float tubes for anglers | Outcast
So what i meant to say was that I have no seat pedestal on the rower seat. I feel like it is really really low and that there should be a seat pedestal. Does yours row ok without a seat pedestal? Thanks for the response
pattyowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #5

Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyowe View Post
So what i meant to say was that I have no seat pedestal on the rower seat. I feel like it is really really low and that there should be a seat pedestal. Does yours row ok without a seat pedestal? Thanks for the response
There isn't a seat pedestal, just the "H" shaped frame section where the seat attaches and slides to adjust for leg length. Rows fine. These boats are meant for fishing and for using with fins to maneuver around while fishing. That's why the seats are low. Mine is a PAC 1000. I started out using it for fishing, then ran some class II-III whitewater in it with friends and had a blast. After flipping in a class III rapid, I decided to get a "real" whitewater cat. I still have the Outcast though. Fun little boat. I did several backpacker weekend trips on Ruby/Horse with it.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #6

Riverton, Utah
Paddling Since: 1991
Sportsmans or Cabelas

Sportsmans Warehouse and Cabelas usually have them in stock.
Ewetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013   #7
Sponsoring Vendors

Meridian, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1989
Outcast PAC1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyowe View Post
Hi I just picked up a 12' outcast cataraft, used. The only thing is the rower seat is super low and the previous owner did not use the seatpost because he had a bad back...and doesnt know where it is. Anyone know of getting a seatpost?
Hi pattyowe,

It sounds like you picked up a PAC 1200 which is the 2-man pontoon boat. The PAC 1200 has 2 seat pedestals. The front / passenger seat pedestal is 13" long and the rowers seat pedestal is 7" long. The part number for the rowers seat pedestal is 400-000585 and costs $22.00. You can give any of our Outcast dealers a call to get it on order!
Dealers of Outcast inflatable fishing boats, pontoons, float tubes and accessories

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Peace
Sheena Coles
AIRE / Outcast Marketing