Row Frame - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-03-2010   #1

Whitefish, Montana
Row Frame

Hi

This is my first post, I've been all over this forum it's a great way to cyber slack at work. After swamping on J riggs in college on the Colorado, I was FINALLY able to buy a used boat, Maravia 14' Ranger I'm really psyched it's a 1991 SB but in good shape. Currently it has a home made EMT frame. Which as soon as I can throw one by my wife again I'm going to upgradre.
I have been emailing with Gary and his frame seem very reasonable and having a double rail would be great. Since I will mostly be doing fishing and mellow family floats for now with a few shorter overnights. But then when the kids get older I'm all about longer trips.
Does anyone have experience with Garys' KD frame seems like you can have a break down dbl rail with close to a rounded corner?
Also I really like the Clavey/DRE seat but I'm 6'4 and concerned about leg/oar room seems like Garys mount are high which I need, I'd love to buy HPMG's oar stands but I'm financially challenged.
Can people comment about rowing Garys' frames, also it seems they should be easy to change eventually I'll buy a new boat, my wifes is finally going back to work after 4 years.

Cheers

troutfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2010   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I don't have one of Gary's frames but I have bought a lot of components from him and have enjoyed working with him. I have his oar stands and they are plenty tall. I am 6'5" and have my seat directly mounted on a cross rail. In this configuration the oar stands were too tall. However if you are sitting on a cooler or a taller seat they may be the right height. The good news is that cutting the stands down is a simple and fast procedure.
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010   #3

loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutfish View Post

Can people comment about rowing Garys' frames, also it seems they should be easy to change eventually I'll buy a new boat, my wifes is finally going back to work after 4 years.

Cheers
I've purchased a 4 bay raft frame and a 4 bay cat frame from Gary. He is great to work with and the frames work well. You can also bounce drawings back and forth until the design is just what you're looking for.... I only have a few years on my frames, but there is flexibility in the design and I've had them loaded heavy with gear without any signs of problems. I tend to do the class III multiday trips with the family, so my raft is more the SUV than any sportscar, but Gary's frames have served us well.
cpollema is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010   #4

Whitefish, Montana
I think I will have another SUV Gary has been awesome to work with so far I look forward to the frame. Thanks for the input
Old 04-05-2010   #5

telluride, Moab, UT
Paddling Since: 1977
row frame.com

Gary and his wife are wonderful. best bang for the buck and you can have it your way for a custom frame to fit your needs perfectly.
mcmarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #6

loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
There was also a previous thread about rowframe from 2009...the title was:
Raft Frame from Rowframe.com Update..

cpollema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #7

borger, Texas
Paddling Since: 1986
I am looking to get or build a frame soon, can u send me a link to this "Gary" u guysare talking about? And can I get parts from him too?
dssatellite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #8

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Link to Rowframe.

http://www.rowframe.com/
Oslo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #9

Whitefish, Montana
Hey thanks so much for all the response I will look into the old posts I'll check in there but anyone had experience with the breakdown semi rounded DBL rail " KD Frame " thinking about the HPDE decking just on the rails not sure about the added weight but rigging and walking / sitting would be key. Wish it would stop snowing so I could fish more