Rockstar medium vs small - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-04-2016   #1

Rockstar medium vs small

Wondering wether I should get a small or a medium 2014 rockstar, hight wise I would fit in a medium (I am 5'9 ) but weight wise I would fit in a small (I am 120 pounds) any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

swest5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2016   #2

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by swest5 View Post
Wondering wether I should get a small or a medium 2014 rockstar, hight wise I would fit in a medium (I am 5'9 ) but weight wise I would fit in a small (I am 120 pounds) any recommendations?

From my point of view, I'd get the MD.

I going to make some assumptions first, your relatively young hence the low BMI. You're kinda a newb cause you're not sure what boat..

Based on that the MD will be a easier spins and longer rides in most waves. Plus it will air out better and you can put 20lbs of bootie in the pirate hatches for them groggy days a roll the downriver in more syle. The SM would be supper fun to boss around and get vertical more so than the MD. At the end of the day if you buy the MD and hate it, it will be a lot easier the sell/trade the MD than a SM. At 5'9" 120 ya gota put some meat on them chicken wings or the river is gona put down a hurten.

Get the MD, lift some weights, and boat every day.
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016   #3

Ok, sounds like I should get the medium, thanks for the advice! And I'll make sure 2 hit the gym tmrow 😝

swest5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2016   #4

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
That or put some finesse in those strokes. Learn to style everything. I don't know if I'd hit the gym, maybe start slow with a couple busch pounders and work up from there.
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote