Rocker or Jefe? help!!!!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-05-2007   #1

BV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2
Rocker or Jefe? help!!!!!

Rocker or Jefe?
I need some feedback on which creeker to buy. I have sat in both and like both. I am trying to pick one up in the next couple of months and want to be confidenent in my purchase. I have my own opinions, but would love to hear everyone elses. So lets go!!! I will be using it as a big water boat, on waterfalls, and safety kayaking.

skinnyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2007   #2

Fort Collins/GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
The BURN is all you need.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #3

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
ROCKER!
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2007   #4

Boulder, Colorado
I love my jefe when I'm creeking/ running waterfalls but sometimes I feel it is a little slow in big water, but it still works fine because most of the time I creekin. Maybe try the critical mass for big water as it is longer/ faster. If you are going to be boofing from high up I don't like the burn just because of the flat bottom=harder hit. Its all personal preference so go out and try the boats out on the river. hope this helps.
-Tom
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #5

Fort Collins/GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hey, I am serious about the BURN, this is the best creek boat I have ever owned. Please demo it before you buy anything.

word.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #6

Man, asking for boat advice on the buzz. Beware all the Dagger groupies.

It's a tough call between the Rocker & the Jefe. The Jefe was clearly the most popular boat before the Rocker came out. But, the Rocker has the better plastic. It really makes a difference if you do serious creeking. The Jefe's soft plastic scratches a lot. I see that most top creekers are buying the Rocker. Also, I think that the second version of the Rocker, which came out this year is an improvement and they've got the design down.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #7
gh

pnw, Colorado
lol, burn
Old 09-05-2007   #8

"I see that most top creekers are paddeling the Rocker" U R Dumb Basil

Where do you go to see these top creekers? What makes you a top creeker? A top creeker, like Tao Berman, or a top creeker like Adrock?

The rocker plastic is NOT better, not even close. I've seen more Jackson boats broken this year than any other boat. They suck, and they are not worthy of all the hype. My freind has broken 3 of them this year, and one of them the bulk head broke while we were at gore. He has been offered free boats and is seriously quesitoning it. I said "If I offered you a free piece of shit would you take it" He said. . . yes.

Anyways, the Habbitat is the bomb, best ever. And all the negative vibes have left the building over at wave sport. I know it was in the shitter a month ago, but I just delt with the warenty process and I have to say I was very very impressed. He looked up my account, I picked out a boat, he put it in the mail, I'm picking it up next Friday. No questions asked and I got to speak with a real person on every phone call. WS is BACK!

In conclusion the habbitat is the bomb. Basil is a wanker. I never want to be a "top" creeker, and the buzz has been very very boring lately. \

I do have a class V date report comming out soon with my special girl. Stay tuned!
Old 09-05-2007   #9

4CRS, Durango, Colorado
Have lotsa Creekers on Sale

Give us a Call at 4 Corners Riversports in Durango, we have all of our creek boats going on sale Saturday at considerable discounts, we have a couple left of most models. Thanks, Tony 1-800-426-7637 4CRS
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007   #10

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
Man, asking for boat advice on the buzz. Beware all the Dagger groupies.

It's a tough call between the Rocker & the Jefe. The Jefe was clearly the most popular boat before the Rocker came out. But, the Rocker has the better plastic. It really makes a difference if you do serious creeking. The Jefe's soft plastic scratches a lot. I see that most top creekers are buying the Rocker. Also, I think that the second version of the Rocker, which came out this year is an improvement and they've got the design down.

dagger groupies do you mean people that buy boats worth buying? cause i say first hand jackson boats break...

i slide, rock spin, boof every rock in the river in my dagger agent 6.2 and its still in great condition, why would you buy shitty blissstick plastic jackson plastic? +

either jefe or another company the new pyrahnas have sick plastic. unless you creek in high water flows were you wont touch rocks don't buy jackson.
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote