river stereo - Page 6 - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-26-2012   #51

thanks endo. maybe getting some paddlers together for a little pig roast would be fun sometime in the spring. any boaters out there play in bands?
Ill be back form the grand in January and we could get the wheels turning then. so until then here's another teaser. the big silver building in the background has the bowling alley. Its such a fun house I live in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1260930.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	494.2 KB
ID:	5372   Click image for larger version

Name:	iphone june 27 2012 306.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	5373  

Name:	IMGP3013.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	5374  

mrkyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012   #52

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
That would have been it's virgin trip.
I never had the chance to properly say thank you from me and LP at the end of the trip......having to deal with Tony's truck not making it to the take out and all......so thanks for a wonderful trip.

Mrkyak.....if you need someone to house sit while your gone...............just saying!
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #53

Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Oh, boy, how do you get a house and yard like that? I know: hard work. Or was it Powerball?
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012   #54

Hey David, I had to load, haul and place every rock, stage built from telephone poles bought on craigslist, grass planted by seed, quonset building erected with a few friends, bowling alley relocated from former Elks Club building, Easter Island head was 100 hours labor a few winters ago. recent house addition took 1 1/2 years to complete.

no power ball, alot of craigslist and a little hard work over 4 years.

Time is more valuable than money.... so spend your time wisely.

and speaking of time
7 days to launch.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20120702_298.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	5375   Click image for larger version

Name:	mb 6 12 095.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	5376  

mrkyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018   #55
Donkey Punch

Southwest, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Need a update on BEST speaker

Can anyone suggest a speaker to have on the river. I have been using a ecoxgear boombox the last couple of years that has been pretty sweet, it just seems to be outdated. This summer I went on a trip where there were a couple of different speakers that people brought along, and they all schooled my ecoxgear speaker. There speakers were smaller, louder, and the sound quality was amazing.
Just looking for some suggestions as to what has the best volume, battery life, sound quality.
dfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018   #56

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
I've been thinking about a JBL Charge 3 to hang from my Bimini. I'm curious to see what everyone else gat come up with.
Fly By Night is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018   #57

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverMamma View Post
Enjoy your trip & be sure you've got Brokedown Palace on your playlist!
I think "Ship of Fools" may be more apt. Personally, I really prefer folks leave the boom boxes at home. There's a good enough sound track already.

They make plenty of good water-proof headset stereos. Please don't subject other people to whatever you want to blare out in the Canyons, even if it's my favorite song.

-AH
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018   #58

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Mrkyak, Kool engineering and house but I'm with AndyH. Nothing more rude and uncouth on the river than a boom box. I go to the river to appreciate the sights and sounds of the river corridor and for what it is worth, listen to myself think and ponder; not to listen to the sights and sounds of civilization. So please, if you feel the need, use headphones.

Frankly, I'm not always sure that I'm receptive to every night strumming around the campfire. For some reason, most strummers just assume that it is OK to strum without asking. Maybe if I could strum back at them I'd have a different attitude. Several times I've wanted to ask, "Hey, tonight can we just listen to the crackling of the campfire, the sounds of the river and the hoot of the owls.
GeoRon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018   #59

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfresh View Post
Can anyone suggest a speaker to have on the river. I have been using a ecoxgear boombox the last couple of years that has been pretty sweet, it just seems to be outdated. This summer I went on a trip where there were a couple of different speakers that people brought along, and they all schooled my ecoxgear speaker. There speakers were smaller, louder, and the sound quality was amazing.
Just looking for some suggestions as to what has the best volume, battery life, sound quality.

dfresh, I'd advocate that you read this thread and see what others think of canned tunes on the rio. I like music, and I boat with people who also do...but not everyone does.

Louder is certainly not better.

Smaller, sound quality, and battery life are good criteria.
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018   #60

Creswell, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2000
I've got to agree with Andy. There is nothing more intrusive than kicking it in the wilderness then hearing some damn boom box drowning out the sounds of the river. Having a good time shouldn't involve intruding on others. If your group is the only wild life you want to see, that's cool, but I'd rather see the bear, the cougar the deer and what other wildlife that lives along the river than listen to your boom box.
Ezcruzr is offline   Reply With Quote