river stereo - Page 5 - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-25-2012   #41

Thanks river mama. You're alright after all.
If you're ever in Ft Collins and would like to play a few songs
Let me know. I built this stage in my front yard. Musketeer
Gripweed playing in photo.

Nice job Oslo. I needed the speaker separation
To provide a little better sound quality.

9 days and counting....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	5370  

mrkyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012   #42

Rainy Northwest, Washington
Paddling Since: 1980
Abbey: on televsion:

From Desert Solitaire:

"Don't you even have a TV?"

"Listen lady . . .if I saw a TV out here, I'd get out my cannon, and shoot it like I would a mad dog, right in the eye."

Not sayin' a boom box is a TV, but it's a ways down that road.
swiftwater15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012   #43

C. Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
I put this together at the beginning of summer. It's heavy, but it'll last over a week with heavy use. Marine speakers and amp with a deep cycle 80ah battery. It also has some storage room available.
Was it's first trip out..... a Deso trip? Nice set up.....looks familiar for some reason.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012   #44

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
That would have been it's virgin trip.
Oslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #45

boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
MrKayak: you may be the good guy, who is respectful with the volume and time of the canned music. That is great, and I appreciate it. Creating bigger, more powerful speakers, batteries, solar panels, etc, will certainly lead to not as considerate, or responsible people playing loud canned music at 3 am at a campsite 300 yards down river from me.

On my GC trip this year a few people including myself brought ipods so that I could listen to my own music. I play the guitar and love to hear other people play. It is obvious that you love music too. I just think canned music has a place, and for me, the river isn't it.

I am clearly in the minority on this thread and only the future will tell how this will play out. Rest assured, not everyone will be respectful.
Old 11-26-2012   #46

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoenfeld13 View Post
MrKayak: you may be the good guy, who is respectful with the volume and time of the canned music. That is great, and I appreciate it. Creating bigger, more powerful speakers, batteries, solar panels, etc, will certainly lead to not as considerate, or responsible people playing loud canned music at 3 am at a campsite 300 yards down river from me.
Solar and batteries aren't the problem.
Bigger speakers and amps could be.

Like beer, pot, cigarettes, or any other vice, your enjoyment of your vice shouldn't adversely affect anothers' experience.

Beer isn't a bad thing, but puking in your neighbors lap at the campfire is.
Pot isn't a bad thing, but eating all your neighbor's food...or getting so baked you help with no camp chores is.
Some light tunes audible only from your own camp aren't bad..but playing loud canned music audible at 3 am at a campsite 300 yards down river is bad.
Heck, even live music audible from 300yards away isn't good if you haven't invited your neighbors!

Moderation and consideration.
MT4Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #47

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I don't like recorded music on the river either. Fortunately i boat with like minded people. While it doesn't grate me, it doesn't lift me up either. Different folks for different strokes, but it's kind of like second hand smoke, if you don't like it you have to leave to be free of it.
Old 11-26-2012   #48

ebbing, flowing..., CO, NM
Paddling Since: 1985
mrkyak- that is an awesome stage dude! your front yard? really? do you do like mini concert series type thing in the summer...? Anyways, super Rad! I do make it further up the state from time to time... Here are a couple of links to my FB music page, and my blog web site. The web site is currently devoted to a fund raising campaign for the production of my debut solo album. (Pretty effing exciting!) Anyways, there's some videos & such on there if you want to check out the kind of stuff I do. And yeah, have an Awesome trip down the big ditch! & happy birthday!
oh, & swiftwater15... hell yeah on busting out some Ed Abbey quotes!
Old 11-26-2012   #49

Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Mr. Kayak- i think this home stage needs a whole new thread. WTF- that is awesome.
ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #50

DGO, CO
Paddling Since: 2002
one guy with a guitar and one guy with some drums can make more noise then one of these little boom boxes can...... just sayin