Views:	204
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	4901

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Huh ..Avatard/Farley I 'm sure that is a cool idea of some sort....one interpretation could be that you huff sterno on a tile floor then skit your wrist near a non description black thing.....doesn't this belong it the creekin ' gallery....maybe the admins could move it over there,right after thenext time Joe Keck posts a sweet pic........
cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012   #3

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by cayo 2
Huh ..Avatard/Farley I 'm sure that is a cool idea of some sort....one interpretation could be that you huff sterno on a tile floor then skit your wrist near a non description black thing.....doesn't this belong it the creekin ' gallery....maybe the admins could move it over there,right after thenext time Joe Keck posts a sweet pic........
Its not really gear talk. Its a homemade candle i'm testing the concept --- how much heat can it generate for how long? I figure a rafter or kayaker might use on a river trip after the burn bans in place (assuming candles are allowed)

Besides ... I stopped sniffing glue about 8 months ago
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012   #4

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
We have done the same thing but bigger, we used a new paint can and filled it with rolled cardboard, and then filled it with melted wax. It worked pretty good, for those nights that we did not break out the firepans.
muttster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012   #5

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Been there done that, was not overly impressed with heat output or light.
bighorn1478@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012   #6
The Old Troll

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Made some that look just like yours out of lantern wick. They work great! One thing I did is use some wire to keep the wick upright when all the wax turns to liquid. They will burn all the wax and last for a few hours. I have used them for winter mountaineering. They throw a lot of heat and light. Great survival tool. They don't get destroyed by water and will melt a lot of snow for drinking water. I used old tuna cans but if you use a larger can you could use additional wicks for more heat.
David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote