Recretec Aluminum Tunnel Frame - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-27-2012   #1

post falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Recretec Aluminum Tunnel Frame

Im looking for som info on the Recretec Tunnel Frame. Im thinking about getting this frame for my new 13' Sotar Legend. Im not sure abot the kick bar setup with the toe loops or the removable oar towers. The oar towers look like they may be a week link in the frame. Does anybody has any feed back on this frame.

Wayne benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012   #2

Newberg, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1981
Recretec builds good dependable frames.I have friends that have used them for years without any problem. Not much adjustment after it's built though!
jpbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #3

Vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
You could try DRLrivergypsies, when I was shoping for a aluminum tunnel frame Dusty's price was much better...and there custom built to fit you! I liked recretec frames, but shop around!!
cravinmorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012   #4

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I'd stick with a frame built by a catboater. PRE, DRL, Madcatr, etc. I think there are a few others out there but I don't recall the names.
Old 03-01-2012   #5

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbay
Recretec builds good dependable frames.I have friends that have used them for years without any problem. Not much adjustment after it's built though!
I like their raft frames, definitely a bomber system. But I'm not sold on their cat frames. If you dont want a nrs/dre style frame check out Payette River Equipment. For a small cat I don't think their frame can be beat & the price is fair IMO.
Old 03-01-2012   #6

Bellevue, Washington
Paddling Since: 1998
I don't like that footbar on the recretec. I have no doubt that it's built well, but I wouldn't want that design. PRE makes a high quality frame for a great price, and Madcatr makes the best frames on the market. They are custom made for your needs. PRE is cheaper than Recretec without loosing quality, and Madcatr is barely more for a much better frame.

Note: PRE frames are steel, but are well made and light as steel frames go.
Alphacyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #7

Corvallis, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1985
I purchased an older steel tunnel frame from DRL a couple of years ago, and have ran it through the biggest whitewater I personally have ever ran. I have been through a handfull of frames now, twisted one in Rainey Falls, another in the bottom of Rush Creek, etc. This frame is tough as they come, I have not had a single issue with the frame I bought from DRL, I wish I had purchased one years ago instead of some other guys frame. Currently, DRL is building me an aluminum tunnel frame which I have already been able to try out, and it's freaking sweet. the metal footbars he builds into the frame have saved my ass a few times now, once going off a ledge backwards (don't ask why), but they were all I was hanging on with. And another time in lochsa falls as shown in the pics, both feet came out, but I managed to get the right under the bar and was just enough to keep me from going all the way out. This guy builds some pretty nice stuff, and I will be back for more. Oh and the fold down oar tower system is awesome and tough as shit. plus not if, but when I eff the tower up I can replace it without a whole new frame. This frame will run right beside anyother frame out there, and you don't have to wait a long time for it. He gets them done pretty quick
the preacherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #8

Lincoln City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1990
Dusty @ DRL will customize AL frame that is bomb-proof in a timely manner. Customer service is excellent .... Mine gets a work out regularly on Class 4-5.
mrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #9

Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 96
I checked out the site. Some nice looking frames, for sure.
Old 03-01-2012   #10

Lincoln City, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1990
Mine fits like a glove, lite weight and tough.
mrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum